No announcement yet.

Acceptance thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Way to go, Richard!! Best of luck to you.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

thanks, guys. i'm excited. a couple presses are already interested in Disintegration, but we're going to aim for the big boys, see what we can make happen. i just want it to be with a press that gets it, loves it and wants to push it out into the world so that people who dig my kind of writing can enjoy it, have a wild ride, and bring a little excitement into their lives. not asking for too much, yeah?
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Awesome! Good luck and keep us posted!!

Comment

Congratulations, Richard! And all the best of luck!

sk

Comment

If you're going to pay an agent, you BETTER go big press! I'm so excited for you! I'm not even considering looking for an agent until after I get that first novel out through small press, you are so far ahead of me. Haha! Best of luck to you my friend.
            http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

thanks, guys. yeah, definitely go big or go home. but there are some great presses that aren't HUGE, like ChiZine, Underland Press, i tried CD, but they were so backed up it would be waiting until 2016 or something crazy if they even liked it. Mulholland Books is cool, as is Prime. But there are some great imprints under the big six that we'll probably hit up first. good to have a lot of options. and yeah, i'm a little older, CWL, 43, so i don't have time to screw around. :-)

Comment

43?!!!! Why you're ancient Naw, Richard. You're only 8 years older than me. And it sounds like you're on the right track! I bet you'll land a great one.
                http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Good luck RIchard! Let us know how it goes!
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

well, eight years is a lot of writing! i've only been writing about 5 years, myself. nothing like mortality to motivate you. and thanks, boone.

Comment

Hearty congratulations Richard. Wonderful news. I'm happy for you, Cool Daddy! Aim for the stars, man.

Comment

thanks, randy!

Comment

By the way, Richard. Your agent looks a lot like that comedian, Brett Butler or this other actress whose name escapes me.

Comment

brett butler, that sounds about right. i'm picturing a bit of May West, too.

Comment

Okay folks, its time to dust off the thread. I just got my novelette accepted for publication. It is tentatively scheduled for October release. It is that love story I wrote a few months back called, "The Legend of Miss Viola" and I guess it will be one of those E-Books everyone is talking about. I know very little about them other than you have to buy a tablet of some kind to read these things, but are they all compatible? Can they all download from Amazon? Are Nooks better than Crannies? Are Ipads, Kindles Nooks all able to store an entire library of books, or will I have to delete some to get newer books. What's the highest rated and can they be made into large print for us half-blind authors who have to (and enjoy) hardback books because the paperbacks print is too small to see.

Comment

very cool, randy. congrats. with who? don't say Living Dead Press or Open Casket Press, PLEASE! :-)
                                Last edited by RichardThomas; 05-18-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X