Acceptance thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
    I guess it will be one of those E-Books everyone is talking about. I know very little about them other than you have to buy a tablet of some kind to read these things, but are they all compatible? Can they all download from Amazon? Are Nooks better than Crannies? Are Ipads, Kindles Nooks all able to store an entire library of books, or will I have to delete some to get newer books. What's the highest rated and can they be made into large print for us half-blind authors who have to (and enjoy) hardback books because the paperbacks print is too small to see.
    You don't have to buy a tablet or e-reader. I use a Kindle app on my smartphone. And Amazon/Kindle also has a download where you can use your home computer. I've never looked into it, but I'm sure B&N/Nook does too.

Congratulations again!
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Like Terry said you don't have to buy a device to view them. you don't even have to download an app/program for it. They can all easily be converter to pdf and just viewed on your computer with adobe. I use a website to convert them... for me its usually .mobi(kindle) to .epub(most other ereaders) but you can go from pretty well any format to any other with this website thats easy to use ... http://ebook.online-convert.com/

Also cell phones and tablets have apps you can download to view them as well.

Comment

Hey Richard, thanks again and just for the record, you are Richard... I am Randy. And the Story was picked up by Secret Cravings Publishing, a place I found on Last Week's Duotrope or the one before that. Thanks to you, my friend, and Cee Dub, and Terry, and all the others, I realized that I wasn't shopping them out them out enough. Now I try to get more out every week. Thank you all for schoolin' me in the right way to achieve success. But this is only two; I've miles to go before I sleep...Says Frost. Sage advise.

Comment

Congrats!
          http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

sorry, RANDY, my fingers and brain weren't working at the same time. CONGRATS!
            FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Thank you so much, my friends.

Comment

Congrats, Randy. Change the world, brother. Change the world!

Comment

It's CRAIG!

Comment

Thank you Craig, good to hear from you once again. Well we haven't been to this thread in a few months (06-27-12?) it would appear so I'll dust it off. First thank you all for your congratulatory comments and heartfelt support. I am truly blessed to have you all as forum buddies. Cee Dub, what are you working on lately? Are you still busy with the HWA work? Ozmo, what's goin' on wiith you? Are you still doing graphic art work for anyone of late? Craig are you writing something amazing again. I know Richard is keeping busy: your story fireflies was very awesome, very dark moody and morose. I loved it. Teri come on, give it up... what's your latest project? I just got the cover art for MISS VIOLA coming out soon from Secret Craving Publications. It's awesome. I wish I knew how to pull it over here to show you. My vampire comedy has hit a snag but I'll work through it. So that's wasssup, Yo, or as we writers say...WORD.

Comment

Thanks for asking, Randy. Just had an acceptance to a Science Fiction Trails antho. I also recently handed in the manuscript for the 3rd book in my series due out sometime in October and I am working on final revisions for the online serial I did for what I hope is a December release. Other than that I've been writing tons of shorts and working on another requested manuscript. As you can see my plan to stay away from all of the wonderful forums/social media failed, but I'm still trying not to "hang out" as much. The time is better served working. Very little graphic design or art of any sort as I've been focusing on writing, but I do get a request now and then.
                      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Sorry Randy, just saw the shout-out! I am still pretty busy with the HWA, but I've also had some time to write I can proudly say that I have had acceptance into a Charity anthology being brought out next year by the Coffin Hop Tour which I am a member of, a story in the upcoming Anthology by Evil Jester Press entitled Carnival of the Damned, as well as an acceptance for Angelic Knight's new Anthology Tales From a Fractured Future. I will share the links when they are available. I haven't been subbing much in the way of short stories this year, I've written mostly for markets that have requested a story. I am in the process of typing up my first novel (handwritten) and have recieved interest from several small presses about it. I'm doing pretty well, I guess. How are you my friend?

Comment

I'm well thanks. Working a vampire tale right now. Just had an acceptance on a ghost story paying homage to a song by Cat Stevens. Working on a long one about an African tribal Princess and her journey from Dar Fur to Mount Kilamangaro proving that MAN is still the most terrifying of monsters ever concocted. Had my computer destroyed by lightning and finally saved enough to purchase a new one (and miraculously saved all the stories in my old dinosaur's hard drive) Trying to find a place for my novellas and I have now set a personal goal to get Stan Swanson to put one of my tales in his SNM Magazine by the end of 2013. I'd love to get one into Cemetery Dance as well once they reopen to subs. Then I want to become a member of HWA by 2013. Still waiting some sort of payment from these presses to qualify for membership. Ultimately I want to win a Bram Stoker and a Pushcart and a Nebula (yeah I know, I'm shooting for the moon but a man can dream, can't he?)

Comment

Haha. I like your attitude. I am shooting for all those things as well. BUT, Stan Swanson is Dark Moon Books/Dark Moon Digest, and Steven Marshall is SNM. Best of luck with all your stories and I look forward to hearing about the acceptances. I am going to shoot for CD as well, and I think Shroud re-opens this month. There is also some whispers of a possible open antho from Post-Mortem Press and I always consider Shock Totem, but haven't written anything I feel is up to par for them yet. Self-doubt, the plague of any creative person! Cheers!

Comment

I meant Permuted Press, not Post-Mortem Press. Mea Culpa!

Comment

Thanks for setting me straight as well, Cee Dub. I mix 'em up so easily. Happy Labor Day to you and to all my C.D. Forum buddies, by the way. Hope your day is relaxing and pleasant. I believe the time has rolled around to Cold One thirty once again and if not, like the song says, "Its five o'clock somewhere." then an afternoon nap is in order. Me love you long time, G.I.

Comment

Working...
                                X