Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Fully understand. My biggest complaint is I often do not see value in them. I see the potential value in yours and hope I find enough value to be renewing for years to come.
    Thanks. I hope so, too! That's my goal.
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
      Thanks. I hope so, too! That's my goal.
      Hi Richard. Gamut sounds like a dream (fascinating nightmare?) come true. The wealth of talent involved is more than any of us (writers/editors) could possibly hope for. Looking forward! Thanks for making me aware of this.

Comment

Originally posted by William J. Grabowski View Post
        Hi Richard. Gamut sounds like a dream (fascinating nightmare?) come true. The wealth of talent involved is more than any of us (writers/editors) could possibly hope for. Looking forward! Thanks for making me aware of this.
        Thanks so much. I don't hang out here nearly enough, but am a long time fan of CD, a big King collector for years. I was also in Shivers VI and Cemetery Dance #72. So, this is like family here. :-) Appreciate the kind words, means a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
          Thanks so much. I don't hang out here nearly enough, but am a long time fan of CD, a big King collector for years. I was also in Shivers VI and Cemetery Dance #72. So, this is like family here. :-) Appreciate the kind words, means a lot.
          You're welcome! I don't hang out enough here either. I like the genre-imploding aspect of your work, and sustain that in my own (at least from roughly 2004 on). Thanks to writers/editors like yourself, the culture is opening to such fusion.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

I have self-published a couple math books under the name "Fred Carlson". They've been out for a few years and still sell surprisingly well, especially given that I wrote and published them as a joke. Regardless, that's not why I'm here in this thread. I recently signed a contract with an actual publisher to have my books translated into Chinese and published in China. On top of that, I was able to negotiate exclusive North American publishing rights for the Chinese translation. Even if I never see a single penny from overseas sales, it still feels good to be approached by someone else who appreciates my work.

Comment

Well done man, well done! And hopefully you'll see plenty of pennies and whatever the heck the Chinese are using now-a-days.

Comment

Two new releases out right now that I'm stoked about. A digital collection right here with Cemetery Dance called CURTAIN CALL, and a novel with Crystal Lake Publishing that I co-wrote with Aaron Dries called WHERE THE DEAD GO TO DIE.

https://www.amazon.com/Curtain-Call-...2705901&sr=1-7

https://www.amazon.com/Where-Dead-Di...2706212&sr=1-2

Comment

Right now, WHERE THE DEAD GO TO DIE is available for only 99 cents digitally.

https://www.amazon.com/Where-Dead-Di...3009385&sr=1-2

Comment

Haven't been here in a while, but I like checking in when I can to see how the writers are doing. Great to see all of your successes. (Also awed by the magazine crowd-funding project.) Someone mentioned being in Cemtery Dance, and that made me think of the brief call for submissions a couple years back (or was it longer?). Just curious -- did all the people who said they got accepted get published by now? Hopefully so, but I was wondering how that worked. And what was the editing process like, were any changes required to your material?

Comment

I wish more authors were using this thread. I and I'm sure quite a few of the other members of this forum would love to know more about what's coming from them. It's also a great way to be introduced to new writers and their stories .

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          I wish more authors were using this thread. I and I'm sure quite a few of the other members of this forum would love to know more about what's coming from them. It's also a great way to be introduced to new writers and their stories .
                          That's a very good point. ~Cap
                          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

I concur with the last two posts. Also would be great to know if anyone here has taken advantage of the current CD submission period, as I mentioned in another thread...

Comment

I should have seen this thread. Sorry about that everyone.
                              Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
                                Also would be great to know if anyone here has taken advantage of the current CD submission period, as I mentioned in another thread...
                                Yes, I did.
                                Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Working...
                                X