No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, there! My son has written a book (graphic novel) called "Pokeymans: A Pokémon Parody". It's available on Amazon right now for $9.99. Please be aware that it is intended for slightly more (im)mature audiences than is your typical Pokémon story, as it contains depictions of gun violence and intoxication (via spiked lemonade). Even if you're not interested in purchasing, please check out Pokeymans on Facebook to see some art samples. Thanks!

Comment

With Halloween fast approaching, here's your chance to win cash by participating in "The 31 Days of Halloween Contest." Purchase one of my very inexpensive books and have the opportunity to win cash. Go here for more details: https://www.goodreads.com/author/sho...in_Rivers/blog

Comment

Got an honorable mention in Necon's monthly flash fiction challenge. It's an attempt at poetry. I repeat, an attempt

http://neconebooks.com/flash-fiction/

Poem's called It's A Sin Y'know
        http://damaged-mind-shattered-soul.com//

If knowledge is power, then I am powerless

Comment

Congrats to you man!

Comment

Originally posted by smokedragon View Post
            Got an honorable mention in Necon's monthly flash fiction challenge. It's an attempt at poetry. I repeat, an attempt

http://neconebooks.com/flash-fiction/

Poem's called It's A Sin Y'know
            Way to Go!!

Comment

Bad Moon Books has just announced the publication of CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT, the 3rd title in a series of Halloween novellas. These books follow the adventures of a group of boys and their harrowing encounters during the dark season. These are a family-friendly read, good for all ages. The first book in the series is MISCHIEF NIGHT, followed by last year's release THE WITCHING HOUR, and CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT for this year.

http://www.badmoonbooks.com/home.php

Also in some other news, book one of my fantasy series will be shipping soon from King's Way Press, the first release being Ogre's Passing, which has received praise from the likes of Piers Anthony. Available in several collectible editions, the link is below. Thanks.

http://kwp-books.com/epages/73a11093...tegories/18/16

Comment

I'm very excited about my new collection FLOWERS IN A DUMPSTER, coming from Crystal Lake Publishing. I have blurbs from Clive Barker, Ramsey Campbell, Lisa Morton, and Gene O'Neill. It's surreal and humbling. The ebook is up for pre-order for the discounted price of 99 cents which will last through the first two days of release, Friday and Saturday, before increasing to the normal price of 3.99. The paperback is available for order now. It says "Temporarily Out of Stock" but the publisher assures me that is a glitch and it can be ordered.

http://www.amazon.com/Flowers-Dumpst..._7588837011_64

Comment

Originally posted by markgunnells View Post
                  I'm very excited about my new collection FLOWERS IN A DUMPSTER
                  That's a quick purchase for me. Thanks for the heads-up!
                  “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
                  -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Comment

Bless you.

Comment

Congratulations Mark!

Comment

Thanks. Tomorrow's the official launch. I'm excited but nervous as hell.

Comment

GamutLIVE.jpg

GAMUT Kickstarter is LIVE!

This has been months in the works, years, really. Head on over and check it out. And feel free to spread the word. Thanks for your support.

“Now that short fiction has become as standardized as the SATs and Common Core—all in order to ‘judge’ and ‘rank’ writers—I’m excited to see what Richard Thomas brings to the game. Gamut will be the new magazine not written for the little old lady in Dubuque.”
                          —Chuck Palahniuk, author of Fight Club

“Gamut will be cool, and it will be out there, right on the edges of fiction. I can’t wait.”
                          —Irvine Welsh, author of Trainspotting

“As publishing venues grow ever more polarized—niche market over here, stadium rock over there—the need for passionate, thoughtful, unafraid publishing space is crucial. Enter Gamut.”
                          —Marcus Sakey, author of Brilliance

“I beg to differ with Mr. Palahniuk: There’s a fabulous indie bookstore in Dubuque, and little old ladies have been known to write some astonishing speculative fiction. Some of it might even end up in this magazine, which promises to bring together the fresh and the dark and the extraordinary. Look for great, weird things from [Gamut].”
                          —Rebecca Makkai, author of The Hundred-Year House

“A killer lineup of creators.”
                          —Rose O’Keefe, Publisher, Eraserhead Press

“The heavyweight talent behind Gamut is a promise of great things to come.”
                          —K. Allen Wood, Publisher, Shock Totem Publications

“It doesn’t matter if a writer has a big name, a pen name, or no name, if they’re writing excellent and edgy fiction, Richard Thomas has probably read their work. But Richard’s a busy guy—seriously, read his bio—and doesn’t have time to meet for coffee or martinis or bowling anytime someone wants to talk about what they should be reading next. Thankfully, now there is Gamut, which is sure to become an index of some of the best fiction writers working today.”
                          —Diane Goettel, Executive Editor, Black Lawrence Press
                          FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]17630[/ATTACH]

GAMUT Kickstarter is LIVE!

This has been months in the works, years, really. Head on over and check it out. And feel free to spread the word. Thanks for your support.

“Now that short fiction has become as standardized as the SATs and Common Core—all in order to ‘judge’ and ‘rank’ writers—I’m excited to see what Richard Thomas brings to the game. Gamut will be the new magazine not written for the little old lady in Dubuque.”
                            —Chuck Palahniuk, author of Fight Club

“Gamut will be cool, and it will be out there, right on the edges of fiction. I can’t wait.”
                            —Irvine Welsh, author of Trainspotting

“As publishing venues grow ever more polarized—niche market over here, stadium rock over there—the need for passionate, thoughtful, unafraid publishing space is crucial. Enter Gamut.”
                            —Marcus Sakey, author of Brilliance

“I beg to differ with Mr. Palahniuk: There’s a fabulous indie bookstore in Dubuque, and little old ladies have been known to write some astonishing speculative fiction. Some of it might even end up in this magazine, which promises to bring together the fresh and the dark and the extraordinary. Look for great, weird things from [Gamut].”
                            —Rebecca Makkai, author of The Hundred-Year House

“A killer lineup of creators.”
                            —Rose O’Keefe, Publisher, Eraserhead Press

“The heavyweight talent behind Gamut is a promise of great things to come.”
                            —K. Allen Wood, Publisher, Shock Totem Publications

“It doesn’t matter if a writer has a big name, a pen name, or no name, if they’re writing excellent and edgy fiction, Richard Thomas has probably read their work. But Richard’s a busy guy—seriously, read his bio—and doesn’t have time to meet for coffee or martinis or bowling anytime someone wants to talk about what they should be reading next. Thankfully, now there is Gamut, which is sure to become an index of some of the best fiction writers working today.”
                            —Diane Goettel, Executive Editor, Black Lawrence Press
                            Although I am not a big fan of crowd sourced projects I have to admit this one looks good. I will be going with either the $30 or $60 options. Thanks for posting here or I would not have seen it.

Comment

Thanks, Martin! I don't have $52k in my pocket, so this was the only way I could do it. With four anthologies under my belt now, including a Bram Stoker finalist (and one currently recommended), plus six books published at Dark House Press as Editor-in-Chief (including one collection that was a Bram Stoker and Shirley Jackson finalist) I feel like this is the next step! Plus, I tend to just surround myself with talented people and then get out of the way. LOL. Much appreciation.
                              FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
                                Thanks, Martin! I don't have $52k in my pocket, so this was the only way I could do it. With four anthologies under my belt now, including a Bram Stoker finalist (and one currently recommended), plus six books published at Dark House Press as Editor-in-Chief (including one collection that was a Bram Stoker and Shirley Jackson finalist) I feel like this is the next step! Plus, I tend to just surround myself with talented people and then get out of the way. LOL. Much appreciation.
                                Fully understand. My biggest complaint is I often do not see value in them. I see the potential value in yours and hope I find enough value to be renewing for years to come.
                                Last edited by Martin; 02-02-2016, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X