Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lauren Dixon View Post
    Got my form rejection when I woke up.
    Sorry to hear about your rejection Lauren...

Don't let this put you off though, as I am sure you will get through next time. As Brian said, it might be it just needed a small rewrite or tweak to make the grade.

Keep your head up Lauren and good luck with the writing.
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

*Stows celebratory champagne until the next campaign* Is it too early to break out the tequila?

Comment

I've also thought of just inviting forum members to submit next time. You've probably all actually read the magazine, right? I would say 90% of the submissions this time were from people who clearly hadn't read a single issue and had no idea what we publish.

Brian
        Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
        My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
          I've also thought of just inviting forum members to submit next time. You've probably all actually read the magazine, right? I would say 90% of the submissions this time were from people who clearly hadn't read a single issue and had no idea what we publish.

Brian
          I was a long-time CD subscriber. Now I pick it up at my local brick-and-mortar (when I can). It was also the first magazine I subbed to way back in January 2000.
          Last edited by truantoranje; 10-19-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

I actually learned about CD in my MFA program, someone mentioned CD as a magazine they respect. This led me to read some issues as I was the main proponent of genre and hadn't read an issue yet.

Comment

Brian
              Yes, I buy it whenever I see it. I should just subscribe because it's hard to find in stores.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                Sorry to hear about your rejection Lauren...

Don't let this put you off though, as I am sure you will get through next time. As Brian said, it might be it just needed a small rewrite or tweak to make the grade.

Keep your head up Lauren and good luck with the writing.
                Thanks, T-Dogz, I appreciate it. Even when I'm down about writing, I can't stop writing. So maybe it's a blessing and a curse?

Comment

Originally posted by truantoranje View Post
                  *Stows celebratory champagne until the next campaign* Is it too early to break out the tequila?
                  Maybe not today.

Comment

Maybe not today.
                    Good deal. Thanks for enabling, Lauren.

Comment

Good deal. Thanks for enabling, Lauren.
                      No problem. As they say, it's five o'clock somewhere.

Comment

No problem. As they say, it's five o'clock somewhere.
                        And with that, Mr. Cuervo and I are again reacquainted.

I'm thinking of starting a support group for today's rejectees.

Comment

Brian
                          That sounds like a great idea, Brian.

Comment

Thanks, T-Dogz, I appreciate it. Even when I'm down about writing, I can't stop writing. So maybe it's a blessing and a curse?
                            I consider it more of an addiction. Hurts so good, just hurts, or is euphoric. Can't stop for long!

Comment

And with that, Mr. Cuervo and I are again reacquainted.

I'm thinking of starting a support group for today's rejectees.
                              Count me in!

Comment

Originally posted by Victorya View Post
                                I consider it more of an addiction. Hurts so good, just hurts, or is euphoric. Can't stop for long!
                                I had a year where I just did not want to write because of what I considered "dire consequences" of inhabiting terrible spaces I never wanted my mind to go. But like you say, an addiction, to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X