Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nik Houser
    replied
    HUZZAH!!! I am absolutely over the moon to report that CD accepted my story "Citizen Flame" for a future issue. This has always been the horror grail for me. Thanks so much Brian and everyone at CD for giving all of us this opportunity to show you our work. As you said in a previous post Brian, you didn't have to open up those spots, but you did anyway, so again, HUGE thanks to you and this amazing community of readers, writers, and nail biters.

Leave a comment:

• Lauren Dixon
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Final acceptance and rejection emails have been sent. If you have not heard back, email me at [email protected] and I'll look into it for you. Thanks!

Brian
    Thanks again, Brian. Until next time!

Leave a comment:

• Kristopher Kelly
    replied
    Anyone on the boards get good news?

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Final acceptance and rejection emails have been sent. If you have not heard back, email me at [email protected] and I'll look into it for you. Thanks!

Brian
    Thanks for the opportunity Brian and everyone else at CD. I look forward to seeing who made the cut and reading their stories. A big congrats to any forum members who made it. I've already seen a couple of excellent acceptances.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Lauren Dixon
    replied
    Originally posted by Victorya View Post
    I understand that. A lot of my horror stuff comes from things my mother did to keep me 'in line' - BUt in that it's also taking control of the memories. Still, sometimes it's hard to go places especially knowing nothing I can make up is stranger or more horrifying than what's out there in the real world.
    Major truth.

Leave a comment:

• Victorya
    replied
    Originally posted by Lauren Dixon View Post
    I had a year where I just did not want to write because of what I considered "dire consequences" of inhabiting terrible spaces I never wanted my mind to go. But like you say, an addiction, to be sure.
    I understand that. A lot of my horror stuff comes from things my mother did to keep me 'in line' - BUt in that it's also taking control of the memories. Still, sometimes it's hard to go places especially knowing nothing I can make up is stranger or more horrifying than what's out there in the real world.

Leave a comment:

• T-Dogz_AK47
    replied
    I haven't submitted a story, as I do not consider myself anywhere near good enough to even try. That said, I do think that only inviting forum members the chance to submit pieces next time around is a really good idea.

All credit to Brian for allowing this and I sincerely look forward to reading posts from you guys confirming that your work has been selected for publication.

Leave a comment:

• Kristopher Kelly
    replied
    Sorry to hear about all the rejections today, forum friends. Sad day, but keep sending those stories back out. You all obviously did something right.

And I would love the offer to submit again, Brian. I subscribe to the magazine, always look forward to it, and I spend way too much money on CD books, too!

Love what you all do. Keep it up. I look forward to the chance to try again.

Leave a comment:

• Lauren Dixon
    replied
    Originally posted by Victorya View Post
    I consider it more of an addiction. Hurts so good, just hurts, or is euphoric. Can't stop for long!
    I had a year where I just did not want to write because of what I considered "dire consequences" of inhabiting terrible spaces I never wanted my mind to go. But like you say, an addiction, to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• Lauren Dixon
    replied
    Originally posted by truantoranje View Post
    And with that, Mr. Cuervo and I are again reacquainted.

I'm thinking of starting a support group for today's rejectees.
    Count me in!

Leave a comment:

• Victorya
    replied
    Thanks, T-Dogz, I appreciate it. Even when I'm down about writing, I can't stop writing. So maybe it's a blessing and a curse?
    I consider it more of an addiction. Hurts so good, just hurts, or is euphoric. Can't stop for long!

Leave a comment:

• truantoranje
    replied
    I've also thought of just inviting forum members to submit next time. You've probably all actually read the magazine, right? I would say 90% of the submissions this time were from people who clearly hadn't read a single issue and had no idea what we publish.

Brian
    That sounds like a great idea, Brian.

Leave a comment:

• truantoranje
    replied
    No problem. As they say, it's five o'clock somewhere.
    And with that, Mr. Cuervo and I are again reacquainted.

I'm thinking of starting a support group for today's rejectees.

Leave a comment:

• Lauren Dixon
    replied
    Originally posted by truantoranje View Post
    Good deal. Thanks for enabling, Lauren.
    No problem. As they say, it's five o'clock somewhere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X