No announcement yet.

What are you currently listening to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Coltrane Blue Train. Great Great disc.Also Pat Metheny Group Speaking of Now.
    Last edited by bookworm 1; 04-09-2012, 01:50 AM. Reason: miss spelling

Comment

One day I was visiting a friend in Cleveland. We were in a thrift store and Omar and Cedric walked in. This was back when they were still doing At The Drive In.

Anyhoo, lately I've been in a Replacements mood, coupled with Blind Guardian and Symphony X.

Comment

My music is always very varied (but mostly stuff from the 60s, 70s, and 80s). I had Marvin Gaye on shuffle most of the morning, now the mp3 player is shuffling all 12,000 songs, and we're currently on "Crazy Life" by Toad the Wet Sprocket (I love that band name; it came from a Monty Python skit). In the car I've got "The Tommyknockers" on cd.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

The Civil Wars music-wise.

The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory audio book.
          "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
            My music is always very varied (but mostly stuff from the 60s, 70s, and 80s). I had Marvin Gaye on shuffle most of the morning, now the mp3 player is shuffling all 12,000 songs, and we're currently on "Crazy Life" by Toad the Wet Sprocket (I love that band name; it came from a Monty Python skit). In the car I've got "The Tommyknockers" on cd.
            I looove Toad!

Comment

Me too. Had a song from one of Glen Phillips' solo albums playing earlier. And now it's music from "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"
              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Right now, my dogs barking, waiting for me to take them on their afternoon walk...
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I've never heard of the band My Dogs Barking. Which album has "Waiting for Me to Take Them on Their Afternoon Walk"? Sounds like country music to me.

Comment

It's actually from a compilation album called "Going to the Dogs."

Here's "Waiting for me..."

Here's the first track
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                      I've never heard of the band My Dogs Barking. Which album has "Waiting for Me to Take Them on Their Afternoon Walk"? Sounds like country music to me.
                      Hahaha, that totally could be a country album for real!

Comment

In a modern jazz mood.Now listening to Pat Metheny Group Imaginary Day while I post and catch up on the goings on around here.

Comment

Listening to some Lynyrd Skynyrd while I prepare some 300 or so packages for shipping at work, along with a 100 or so letters.

Comment

Skynyrd is great! Just heard "Ice Cream Man" by Van Halen. Now it's "All She Wanted" by ELO. It's from the most recent album (Zoom, about 10 years ago) and is essentially Jeff Lynne performing about 5 or 6 instruments on each song with a couple other musicians.

Comment

Sounds good Terry, will queue that one up on my youtube list to listen to after a few more Skynyrd songs.

Comment

Queens of the Stone Age (self titled album)

Comment

Working...
                                X