Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indigo girls and collective soul

Comment

I really like Collective Soul. Not so much, the Girls.

On my way into work today, I started the new Rush album, "Clockwork Angels". Tomorrow I take a long car drive, so I think I'll take in the whole thing at one sitting, like I used to listen to albums.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I tend to like their more acoustic stuff; they kinda lose me when they go all full band and sound angrier.

I'm anxious to get the new Swans. Long time in the making and practically two hours of new music. Whoo!

Comment

Clockwork Angels is the greatest Rush album in years.I do not drink but these guys are like a fine wine they just get better with age.The book just came out and I have it and it is near the top of my tbr pile.[
          Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          I really like Collective Soul. Not so much, the Girls.

On my way into work today, I started the new Rush album, "Clockwork Angels". Tomorrow I take a long car drive, so I think I'll take in the whole thing at one sitting, like I used to listen to albums.

Comment

Pretty much all 80s and 90s rock on Sirius. I'm stuck in the past big time. There is very little new rock that I like.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Anders Parker - Cross Latitudes
              Will Johnson - Scorpion

I just attended an intimate living room show featuring these two. One of the best shows I have seen! Limited to 30 or 40 people.

http://www.centro-matic.com/shows/
              http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
              http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
              http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Your stuck in the past ????? I am listening to Ella Fitzgerald live at Newport.Great live jazz recording.
                Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                Pretty much all 80s and 90s rock on Sirius. I'm stuck in the past big time. There is very little new rock that I like.

Comment

eisbrecher

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                    No, that's "Living in the Past", Jethro Tull, 1972.

"Big Time" was from Peter Gabriel, "So" album 1986.
                    Last edited by TerryE; 09-24-2012, 06:42 PM.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                      No, that's "Living in the Past", Jethro Tull, 1972.

"Big Time" was from Peter Gabriel, "So" album 1986.

Comment

Right now I am listening to my kids talk about the AMA's and how great the music is.How depressing.I am old.Do not know a lot of the artists.However Linkin Park is now playing. It was sad when they said they were having a tribute to Dick Clark and my kids said who is Dick Clark.........Well they are going to find out soon.

Comment

Pulled out Hell-O by GWAR from the dusty bottom drawer of my desk and put it in. Haven't listened to it in more than 20 years...and now I remember why. I can't believed I like this stuff when i was in college. Scumdogs of the Universe would have been next, but I mercifully got called into work early for a sick colleague.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

NPR! It's almost like an addiction lately.
                            But since tonight is a beer night, I'll probably switch over to Dropkick Murphys and Gaelic Storm soon.

Comment

Got the new Testament and Cradle of Filth cd's today. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                                Got the new Testament and Cradle of Filth cd's today. Awesome.
                                I love Testament, I have been to see them 6 or 7 times. Been lucky enough to be at their Cd release for The Ritual in 92. It was right after Alex left the band so he wasn't there for the signing. Fast forward 20 years and I was able to meet them at The Mayhem Festival the year before last.
                                "now youes can't leave"
                                A Bronx Tale
                                directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

Working...
                                X