Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
    I love Matthew McConaughey(I copied ur spelling, it doesn't seem right but I'll go with it) and its his voice/accent I love. Although he is pretty nice to look at as well.
    His best roles, in my opinion, are as lawyers in A Time to Kill and Lincoln Lawyer.

EDIT: just looked up Bernie and saw that Matthew McConaughey plays a lawyer. By my reasoning he must be good in this.
    Last edited by Joe315; 05-27-2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Good point. A Time to kill is my favorite of his movies. Liked Lincoln Lawyer too but It was a slow go, but I still thought it was good.

Comment

JUNE 8th my butt WILL be planted in the theater seat but until that time is nigh...
        The Innkeepers- LOVED it. Ti West doesn't do a whole lot in his movies but that, to me, is what makes them stand out. After watching the slow burns(a good thing) in House of the Devil and The Roost I was interested to see what he could do with a classic ghost story. What he did was create an anticipation and tension that I practically couldn't breather during the entire running time. The main characters leave a few things to be desired but in this day and age of endless remakes this was a nice reminder of what can be.
        11-11-11- I have enjoyed all of Darren Lynn Bousmans work. Until now. It was a neat idea but could have been executed 10 times better.
        Alien-prep time!

Comment

Off to see What to expect when your expecting tonight. not something i'd usually see in the theatre but we were supposed to take the boyfriends mom to the 5 year engagement but its not playing here anymore. The only other movie we r interested in is MIB3 which we will see next week.

Comment

"The Sitter" - 2 out of 5. It was a simple movie that tried to do too many things - and it seemed like a movie (ie, most of the characters/situations went a little overboard, trying for laughs but mostly coming off like people just reciting lines).

Comment

Prometheus: 63 hours to go!

sk

Comment

What to expect when you're expecting.

6/10

Enjoyable but most definitely a chick flick. Men would enjoy it to an extent but its a womens movie for sure. It was funny but not hilarious and mainly stuck to the main premise as promised in the title. It had its ups and downs. Its more of a meh movie but me but I gave it 6 because it definitely had its moments.

Comment

I watched 50/50 with my wife this weekend. We actually both really enjoyed the movie and to me it's a solid 4/5. If you don't mind some of the same old same old humor from Seth Rogen this is a great movie. Heartwarming and a little bit funny.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Watched The Vow and 50/50 over the holiday weekend and enjoyed both.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Watched The Vow and 50/50 over the holiday weekend and enjoyed both.
                      Did you tear up a bit during 50/50...come on I know you did! LOL and J/K
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I saw 50/50 a while back and it was great. Watched the vow last night and enjoyed that as well even though its not really my kind of movie.

Comment

Can't say I teared up but it handled the cancer aspects better than I expected it to.
                          Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                          Did you tear up a bit during 50/50...come on I know you did! LOL and J/K

Comment

I did not expect much from The Vow and was pleasantly surprised. I will probably read the book at some point.
                            Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                            I saw 50/50 a while back and it was great. Watched the vow last night and enjoyed that as well even though its not really my kind of movie.

Comment

Snow White and the Huntsman. Revisionist fairy tale with stunningly beautiful visuals and an outstanding castle seige finale. Chris Hemsworth is quite good as Huntsman and proves that he's got leading man chops, but Kristen Stewart is her usual bland and uninteresting self and Charlize Theron is exceptionally disappointing as Ravenna, the wicked stepmother queen--Julia Roberts wins the wicked queen battle of 2012 Snow White movies . (To be fair, the characters of Snow White and the Queen are poorly developed while Huntsman is well-written.) Then there's the dwarves played with gusto by a band of fine english actors including Ray Winston, Ian McShane, Nick Frost, Bob Hoskins and the great Toby Jones. They keep the film lively when it lulls. I think there's a great film in this subject matter, but this isn't it. Still, it's a winner.

4/5
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Almost everything you just said sounded bad yet you gave it 4/5.

Comment

Working...
                                X