• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50/50 - great! Wish it was longer.

Comment

Acolytes (2008) Aussie indie movie

8/10

Excellent movie. Highly recommended for the horror fan although no much of a horror. Me and my momma enjoyed it greatly.

Three teenagers blackmailing a serial killer into killing their bully. Great fun. lol. Someone has to watch it and let me know if they agree.

Comment

Sounds intriguing! I looked for a BD version on Amazon, but could only find the DVD.
        Mixed reviews, but I'll keep this one in mind.

sk

Comment

Super 8 - 3/5. Was hoping for something a bit better with more special effects. Overall it was ok, I liked it because it had a "Goonies" feel to it (i guess since the kids were the main characters).

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
            Super 8 - 3/5. Was hoping for something a bit better with more special effects. Overall it was ok, I liked it because it had a "Goonies" feel to it (i guess since the kids were the main characters).
            I thought it had an "Oh I wish I were as good as ET" vibe to it

Comment

The Avengers - awesome CGI humour loaded piece of entertainment !!!!!!!! Don't go for the plot or the intellectualism, go for the spectacle and the sheer fun of it ... 5/5

Comment

I wonder if the international version is any different than what will show in the US?
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                  I wonder if the international version is any different than what will show in the US?
                  Why would they had it different here (or Europe)? BTW - they showed two excellent trailers one for Prometheus (awesome) and Abraham Lincoln : Vampire Hunter, which looks brilliant !!!!!

Comment

You never know. The idiots in charge of studios feel certain things play better overseas than in America (or vice versa) and put out two different films. Looking forward to the movie tho!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                      No, I don't think so. Of course this did happen with some movies, but not too recent, I think.
                      Anyways, this morning I saw it as well and I had a great time. Like Grant said, it's a lot of fun, and quite spectacular.
                      Fortunately, no trailer from Prometheus was shown. Instead, we got Dark Shadows. It's a gorgeous looking film, but I like my horror straight, not cutesey like Burton's version. I'll still see it, of course, but my anticipation has diminished.

Back to The Avengers: ****1/2 - *****

sk
                      Last edited by frik51; 04-29-2012, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Usually when they show different versions its for ratings reasons

Comment

The Raven: This isn't an Edgar Allan Poe movie, tho, he is a character in it. It starts of with the intriguing premise of being about the final days of EAP's life, but it quickly becomes nothing more than a standard whodunnit with some gruesome deaths in it. There's very little atmosphere and period flavor to create fear and suspense. And the final confrontation between Poe and the villan is disappointing to say the least. But, it will probably satisfy fans of this kind of movie. And it has John Cusak in it as EAP (a dream bit of casting!); but try as he might, he can't escape the shallowness of the screenplay. A big disappointment.

2.5/5
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

That's too bad, Squire. I really wanted to see that one.
                            Have to wait for the discounted BD.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                              I was planning to go see Battleship today.
                              The reviews were pretty poor, so I'm staying home and will finally read one of my Conan Dark Horse collections.

sk
                              Great decision! Conan DH has to trump almost any movie out there.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Yes - I really liked it, artwise as well as the story.
                                Now I'm looking for volume 2 -God in the Bowl- but can't find a hC edition anywhere.
                                Not without forking over a fortune anyways.

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X