No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it premature to rate the Robin Hood reboot? I hadn't seen it, probably will not, but feel I can provide a rating already.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I'm sure it's my age showing, but just the term reboot sets my nerves on edge LOL!!!

Comment

LOL LOL. Agreed.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
        I'm sure it's my age showing, but just the term reboot sets my nerves on edge LOL!!!

Comment

Wife and I watched THE POST last night, and we both really enjoyed it. A solid 8 out of 10. I also (Finally!) caught up on THE WALKING DEAD, so I can watch tonight's big episode with the rest of the world.
          http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Still making my way through the leftover horror movies I bought for Halloween (aka "Halloween Aftermath"):

The Endless: After receiving a mysterious video in the mail, two brothers return to the UFO death cult they escaped from years prior and begin to unearth its secrets.

Though billed as a sci-fi/horror movie, I didn't really find the film scary. There was an undercurrent of existential dread that weaved itself throughout the movie and the final act did have a decent amount of tension. Ultimately the success of the movie is the compelling relationship between the two brothers and their response to their life while in and after leaving the cult. This does tie into directors Benson and Moorhead's first film, Resolution, though you can watch one independently of the other. If you do plan on watching both, I'd recommend seeing Resolution prior to the The Endless. Grade: B+

Comment

I started this one but became side tracked. I may have to come back to it soon.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              Still making my way through the leftover horror movies I bought for Halloween (aka "Halloween Aftermath"):

The Endless: After receiving a mysterious video in the mail, two brothers return to the UFO death cult they escaped from years prior and begin to unearth its secrets.

Though billed as a sci-fi/horror movie, I didn't really find the film scary. There was an undercurrent of existential dread that weaved itself throughout the movie and the final act did have a decent amount of tension. Ultimately the success of the movie is the compelling relationship between the two brothers and their response to their life while in and after leaving the cult. This does tie into directors Benson and Moorhead's first film, Resolution, though you can watch one independently of the other. If you do plan on watching both, I'd recommend seeing Resolution prior to the The Endless. Grade: B+

Comment

Just finished watching Season Three of FARGO and this might be one of my favorite shows hands down. Each season starts off a little shaky, but by the end everything is pulled together in a satisfying conclusion. Ewan McGregor did a phenomenal job in season three playing two brothers and I'm always a fan of Mary Elizabeth Winstead. The big surprise for me was Carrie Coon's comedic chops. I really enjoyed her in THE LEFTOVERS but that show wasn't known so much for it's lightheartedness. She really knocked it out of the park in FARGO. I'm very much looking forward to season four when it arrives. I've heard that it's going to be set in the 50s and star Chris Rock so we'll see how that goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Just finished watching Season Three of FARGO and this might be one of my favorite shows hands down. Each season starts off a little shaky, but by the end everything is pulled together in a satisfying conclusion. Ewan McGregor did a phenomenal job in season three playing two brothers and I'm always a fan of Mary Elizabeth Winstead. The big surprise for me was Carrie Coon's comedic chops. I really enjoyed her in THE LEFTOVERS but that show wasn't known so much for it's lightheartedness. She really knocked it out of the park in FARGO. I'm very much looking forward to season four when it arrives. I've heard that it's going to be set in the 50s and star Chris Rock so we'll see how that goes.
                  Season two was my favorite so far but they've all been good. Looking forth to what's next as well.

Currently catching up on The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu. It started off really slow but it picks up steam as it move along.

Comment

Has anyone watched The Mule yet? I love Eastwood, and just about everything he is involved in, so I'm guessing I will like this one. I did see this wasn't getting the greatest reviews so I am curious what others have thought about it.

Please use the tobacco spitting rating score on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                      Has anyone watched The Mule yet? I love Eastwood, and just about everything he is involved in, so I'm guessing I will like this one. I did see this wasn't getting the greatest reviews so I am curious what others have thought about it.

Please use the tobacco spitting rating score on this one.
                      I was planning on see it next week but haven't heard anything about it one way or the other.

Saw Mortal Engines yesterday and it wasn't bad for what it is. The subject matter is more my wife's bag than mine.

Comment

Watched Bird Box on Netflix last night and really liked it. I am to far removed from reading the book to specifically compare it. I do believe that the movie kept the essence of the book and thought it was a 4 out of 5.

I think they missed the mark slightly in regards to the relationship(s) but not enough to impact the overall quality of the film. Great job by the lead and I loved the use of music in the background.

Comment

Watched Bird Box on Netflix last night and really liked it. I am to far removed from reading the book to specifically compare it. I do believe that the movie kept the essence of the book and thought it was a 4 out of 5.

I think they missed the mark slightly in regards to the relationship(s) but not enough to impact the overall quality of the film. Great job by the lead and I loved the use of music in the background.
                          Having never read the book, I really enjoyed the movie. But I'm pretty partial to Bullock as well

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Having never read the book, I really enjoyed the movie. But I'm pretty partial to Bullock as well
                            I'm surprised by how polarizing this film is - it seems you ether enjoyed it, or you hated it with a fiery passion. We watched it the other night (Tuesday perhaps? Wednesday? I'm super confused about the days lately) and my wife really liked it. I don't think I liked it as much, but I was entertained and it was an enjoyable two hours. I've read the book, whereas she hasn't, so that might be why our enjoyment levels were a bit different.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              I'm surprised by how polarizing this film is - it seems you ether enjoyed it, or you hated it with a fiery passion. We watched it the other night (Tuesday perhaps? Wednesday? I'm super confused about the days lately) and my wife really liked it. I don't think I liked it as much, but I was entertained and it was an enjoyable two hours. I've read the book, whereas she hasn't, so that might be why our enjoyment levels were a bit different.
                              That probably is the case. Adaptations rarely live up to the book.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                I probably fall right down the middle. The movie was fine but not terrific. I feel they stayed true to the book but some elements simply did not translate well. I really enjoyed the book.

Comment

Working...
                                X