Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    See that's interesting, I've found all of Sandler's more serious movies to be horribly depressing and really not all that good. I've pretty much given up on any movies by him. Some of the movies his production company makes are pretty good though.
    I never could stand that guy. I have no idea how he "made it" at all.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
      I never could stand that guy. I have no idea how he "made it" at all.
      I like a lot of his earlier movies. Basically "Happy Gilmore" through "Little Nicky", maybe Big Daddy and Mr. Deeds included. But I couldn't stand the more serious movies of his, like Spanglish (horribly depressing), and Click (not a 100% serious movie, but terribly depressing none the less.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Reign Over Me is very depressing and I friggin' love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          I like a lot of his earlier movies. Basically "Happy Gilmore" through "Little Nicky", maybe Big Daddy and Mr. Deeds included. But I couldn't stand the more serious movies of his, like Spanglish (horribly depressing), and Click (not a 100% serious movie, but terribly depressing none the less.
          "Big Daddy" hit a nerve. I do remember that one and didn't think it was that bad. The three best (by far) funny guys on the old SNL, were Chris Farley, Phil Hartman and Dana Carvey (or does it start with a K?). Chris offs himself with coke, phil is wasted by his old lady and Carver goes nowhere, even he may have been the funniest, but Sandler makes it big??? Unexplainable.

Comment

"Big Daddy" hit a nerve. I do remember that one and didn't think it was that bad. The three best (by far) funny guys on the old SNL, were Chris Farley, Phil Hartman and Dana Carvey (or does it start with a K?). Chris offs himself with coke, phil is wasted by his old lady and Carver goes nowhere, even he may have been the funniest, but Sandler makes it big??? Unexplainable.
            I think the Sandler movies where all about target audience. I never thought he was all that funny on SNL. I did like Phil Hartman and Dana Carvey, never did care for Chris Farley though, especially his movies.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I find most of the "Adam Sandler" movies to be unfunny (exceptions are Happy Gilmore and The Waterboy.) When he's in a movie and he's not the big draw, he fares better (Punch Drunk Love and Funny People.) And when people don't know it's him...like Donald the poo-throwing monkey in Zookeeper.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

You guys are forgetting the only decent role that Adam Sandler has had in a movie and that was "Airheads". I'm another one who can't see how he or Will Farrell has had any success at all.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Not only that, but Will Ferrell ruined one the loves of my childhood: The Land of the Lost. I don't begrudge anybody the success they have, but I have a hard time forgiving him for this. I had an LotL lunchbox growing up, and while the one the collector's set of the complete series came in looks the same, it's a cheap tin immitation of the rugged original. But I do a marathon of all three seasons every now and again...

Marshall, Will, and Holly
                  On a routine expedition
                  Met the greatest earthquake ever known.
                  High on the rapids
                  It struck their tiny raft.
                  And plunged them down a thousand feet below.

To the Land of the Lost.......
                  <sniff>
                  "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I wasn't a huge Land of the Lost fan, but I should have been, considering how much I loved all things dinosaurs. I think it was that I couldn't stand the whole Sleestak subplots. And then when they found that little missing link thing, I was done.
                    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                      You guys are forgetting the only decent role that Adam Sandler has had in a movie and that was "Airheads". I'm another one who can't see how he or Will Farrell has had any success at all.
                      Oh come on! Will Farrell ?? He's funny as hell in some movies if you like that stupid type humor like I do (Letterman, Conan Obrien)...I forget the name but he was in that movie with 2 male ice skaters and I couldn't stop laughing at how stupid it was.
                      ""Stupid" in a funny way.

Comment

That type of stupid humor, I don't like. I finally broke down and decided to watch Talledega Nights, figuring since I like racing, I'll get most of the jokes and it should be okay. I laughed once, and that was when they showed the French driver's boyfriend training the German Shepherds to stand in a pyramid.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                          That type of stupid humor, I don't like. I finally broke down and decided to watch Talledega Nights, figuring since I like racing, I'll get most of the jokes and it should be okay. I laughed once, and that was when they showed the French driver's boyfriend training the German Shepherds to stand in a pyramid.
                          LOL Terry, I didn't think you'd like that type of stupid humor. Usaully only us guys with an average intelligence, tend to laugh at that stuff.....and that's defintely no knock on you.

By the way, I finally received both Mailer's Oswald and The Fountainhead. But I'd like to try and finish some books before I get to them. But I have like 6 to go but maybe I'll just put a couple aside.

Comment

LOL Terry, I didn't think you'd like that type of stupid humor. Usaully only us guys with an average intelligence, tend to laugh at that stuff.....and that's defintely no knock on you.

By the way, I finally received both Mailer's Oswald and The Fountainhead. But I'd like to try and finish some books before I get to them. But I have like 6 to go but maybe I'll just put a couple aside.
                            There are people with above-average intelligence that enjoy that kind of stupid humor, such as me, lol. Find it absolutely hilarious a lot of the time. I do really like to watch movies that make me think though as well, and enjoy movies with an ending that doesn't answer everything that make you decide what happens after.
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                              There are people with above-average intelligence that enjoy that kind of stupid humor, such as me, lol. Find it absolutely hilarious a lot of the time. I do really like to watch movies that make me think though as well, and enjoy movies with an ending that doesn't answer everything that make you decide what happens after.
                              Yeah, like Black Christmas. What a cop-out. You could see at least two endings Clark wanted the audience to believe.

Comment

Haven't seen Black Christmas. A couple movies that had open-ended endings that I really liked were Children of Men and The Road
                                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X