No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally saw Hereditary. It's not just a great horror movie, it's a great movie that happens to be a horror movie. It's possibly in my top ten of all time. Sorry for the hype, but I loved it. I went in blind, with seeing a trailer a couple of months ago and that's about it.

Comment

Not a movie, but I just finished a rewatch of the entire series of Breaking Bad. I loved this show when I first watched it and was afraid that it wouldn't hold up on a second viewing, but it absolutely does. This is by far one of the best television shows hands down. The great thing about the visiting it again was seeing how well it was crafted and just how purely phenomenal both Bryan Cranston's and Aaron Paul's work was on the show.

I did try to get my daughter on board when I started the rewatch, which didn't quite work out. She said the first episode was "boring", but this is also from someone who didn't like The Sixth Sense and fell asleep during Seven because it was also "boring". I think she might be a pod person.

Comment

Ant-man and The Wasp - This was a fun movie. The laid back, light hearted movie that really needed to follow up Infinity War. I'd say better than the first one, but not top tier Marvel, solid middle of the pack maybe a little higher than middle of the pack. The only real negative I have is a completley pointless "sub-villain". The main villain was pretty good.

I also saw The Incredibles 2. This one kinda left me a bit more disappointed. It was fun, but thematically it was a complete retread of the first movie, which is really unfortunate.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          Not a movie, but I just finished a rewatch of the entire series of Breaking Bad. I loved this show when I first watched it and was afraid that it wouldn't hold up on a second viewing, but it absolutely does. This is by far one of the best television shows hands down. The great thing about the visiting it again was seeing how well it was crafted and just how purely phenomenal both Bryan Cranston's and Aaron Paul's work was on the show.

I did try to get my daughter on board when I started the rewatch, which didn't quite work out. She said the first episode was "boring", but this is also from someone who didn't like The Sixth Sense and fell asleep during Seven because it was also "boring". I think she might be a pod person.
          Completely agree, Keith. I was late to the dance on this so binged watched the first four seasons while recouping from surgery several years ago. I had heard my co-workers at the time talk about it non-stop but never thought it was for me. Boy, was I wrong. About halfway through season one, I was hooked. I agree it's slow to start but I encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to give it a shot.

I'm enjoying Better Call Saul as well. Have you been watching that, Keith?

Comment

I watched the first season of Better Call Saul and really liked it. Unfortunately I got sidetracked with a thousand other shows and season two still sits on my To Be Watched shelf. With season four starting up I really need to catch up. Have you been keeping up with it?

Comment

I watched the first season of Better Call Saul and really liked it. Unfortunately I got sidetracked with a thousand other shows and season two still sits on my To Be Watched shelf. With season four starting up I really need to catch up. Have you been keeping up with it?
              Yes I have it's gotten nothing but better each episode IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                Yes I have it's gotten nothing but better each episode IMO.
                Good to hear! I’m looking forward to diving back in. Bob Odenkirk is such a great actor,

Comment

Good to hear! I’m looking forward to diving back in. Bob Odenkirk is such a great actor,
                  He really is. Can't wait for it to fire back up next month.

I'm sure we probably have a TV show/streaming show thread around here some place but just wanted to give a shout out for Cobra Kai. The kids are the better actors by far but, if you go in not expecting much, it's actually pretty fun.

Comment

I took the kids to see TEEN TITANS GO! TO THE MOVIES after work...we all had a blast, and laughed ourselves silly. A solid 8 out of ten.
                    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've heard it's very good. Though I always found Teen Titans Go! kind of annoying.

Instagram

Comment

Mission: Impossible - Fallout is 147 mins which is about 30 mins too long otherwise it's excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonUK View Post
                          Mission: Impossible - Fallout is 147 mins which is about 30 mins too long otherwise it's excellent.
                          Huh, I didn't even notice it's length. Then again I think it's probably the 2nd best movie in the series, just behind Rouge Nation. I think I said it on the Dark Tower board but Tom Cruise must be a vampire. He barely seems to age through the series, while Ving Rhames and Simon Pegg seem to have aged a lot.

Instagram

Comment

I watched Zak Bagans' "Documentary" DEMON HOUSE last night on Amazon. I thought it was an overwrought, staged piece of shit, but it still had some creepy moments. Mainly because of the insinuation in the beginning of the film that you could end up getting a demon attached to you if you actually watch the film. That was enough to keep me semi-awake all night.

I've never seen Bagans' show, but he seems like a complete phony.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
                              I watched Zak Bagans' "Documentary" DEMON HOUSE last night on Amazon. I thought it was an overwrought, staged piece of shit, but it still had some creepy moments. Mainly because of the insinuation in the beginning of the film that you could end up getting a demon attached to you if you actually watch the film. That was enough to keep me semi-awake all night.

I've never seen Bagans' show, but he seems like a complete phony.
                              Ghost Adventures pretty much sucks and everything just happens to take place just off screen. Dude is listed as an actor according to Google. Pretty bad one in my opinion. But, he's getting paid, so what do I know.

Comment

I finally caught up on the MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE flicks last night by watching ROGUE NATION. Probably the best of the bunch since the first one. I'm really eager to see the new one now.....

Comment

Working...
                                X