Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    LOL. Okay. I didn't connect the dots from your original post. That is an amazing prize.

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

I was the winner of The Turtle Boy contest when that novella was published by Necessary Evil Press. Cap

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    That is a sweet collection. Congrats. I have enjoyed everything I have read from him. How did you end up with a manuscript if you don't mind sharing?

I was the winner of The Turtle Boy contest when that novella was published by Necessary Evil Press. Cap

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    That is a sweet collection. Congrats. I have enjoyed everything I have read from him. How did you end up with a manuscript if you don't mind sharing?

Yes, I did read all the prior books in the series and I was the winner of The Turtle Boy contest when that novella was published by Necessary Evil Press. I have the Turtle Boy manuscript signed by Kealan Patrick Burke and an original Turtle Boy sketch signed by Kealan Patrick Burke. I also have Stage Whispers: The Collected Timmy Quinn from Thunderstorm Books.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Yes, I did read all the prior books in the series and I was the winner of The Turtle Boy contest when that novella was published by Necessary Evil Press. I have the Turtle Boy manuscript signed by Kealan Patrick Burke and an original Turtle Boy sketch signed by Kealan Patrick Burke. I also have Stage Whispers: The Collected Timmy Quinn from Thunderstorm Books.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise. I've had my eye on two PS Publishing books on eBay (Two books in one auction). The seller had them listed for $50 and recently slashed that to $25 so I finally knuckled under and got the two novels. I just made the purchase after looking at the two books for months. Since we've been shut down here I think I've read five books. I just finished Nemesis by Kealan Patrick Burke which for me was a hard book to read.

Cap
    Nemesis is part of a series. Had you read the prior stories?

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise. I've had my eye on two PS Publishing books on eBay (Two books in one auction). The seller had them listed for $50 and recently slashed that to $25 so I finally knuckled under and got the two novels. I just made the purchase after looking at the two books for months. Since we've been shut down here I think I've read five books. I just finished Nemesis by Kealan Patrick Burke which for me was a hard book to read.

Cap

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    On a similar note does anyone have good recipes for ramen noodle packets, rice, and dried beans? LOL LOL

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Boy oh boy. My book budget is taking a beating this year already.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Boy oh boy. My book budget is taking a beating this year already.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I feel so powerful today. I sold a book that i was pretty indifferent to for $565.00 and turned around and bought several other books that i really wanted. What a great Monday, I think, I'll celebrate with Chinese food! Have a great day guys!
    It's great when a hobby pays for itself!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I feel so powerful today. I sold a book that i was pretty indifferent to for $565.00 and turned around and bought several other books that i really wanted. What a great Monday, I think, I'll celebrate with Chinese food! Have a great day guys!
    Nice start to the week!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Cha-ching! Congrats my friend. Love hearing about win wins.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    A Little Gold Book of Ghastly Stuff by Gaimon increased a ton. One of the few books I ever sold. I don't remember the specifics but I was shocked by the value in that little book.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I bought my Fine/Fine/slipcased CD Gift Edition of IT from a member of TDT.org back in 2013. I don't recall how much I paid, but I remember it was a nice deal he gave me...$100 seems to stick in mind, but honestly not sure if that is correct. Might've been $150, but I know it wasn't anymore than that, and I do think it was closer to the former figure...as I recall, anyhow. I've had a number of book increase substantially in value since my time of purchase, but percentage-wise, this edition of IT has to be near the top.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Yep! My copy did come with a slipcase. Although the slipcase did have a giant barcode sticker on it that couldn’t cleanly remove but I did get a replacement directly from CD.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X