No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys  At Scares that Cares, Having a great time!  I'll post Pics later.
    Last edited by mhatchett; 04-02-2023, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Me and Lynne Hansen.  I bought these great cards from her.
      Cards!.jpg

Comment

Looks like you’re having a great time, Mike.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
          Random question, but, has anyone here ever purchased anything directly from Haffner Press? In May 2021, I pre-ordered "The Complete John the Balladeer" from them. I've been trying to contact them over the last few months to see if they have any sort of production update on the title; however, I cannot get anyone over there to respond back to me. Per the contact page of their website, I have sent multiple emails to [email protected] with no luck. I also don't have a Facebook or Twitter account to be able to reach them that way and am super-resistant to having to create one to do so. Might anyone here have an update on this title or an alternative way to contact them? Any info is appreciated!
          Just noticed that Haffner has finally posted a shipping date for "The Complete John the Balladeer", 05/15/23!  Am so excited.  This was my first ever order from Haffner and I haven't had the best experience; so, I'm relieved that there's finally light at the end of the tunnel.  In the future, much like RonClinton suggested in a previous post, I will be waiting until publication day before ordering a Haffner title.  That being said, the cover/book images provided by Haffner look amazing and I'm really digging all the bonus content to be included.  

Comment

I ordered The Vampire Stories of Robert Bloch from Haffner on 01/05/20. I thought about ordering the limited edition at the time, but three years later I'm glad I didn't. It says it will be signed by all living contributors. There may not be many of those left by the time they get around to printing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
              I ordered The Vampire Stories of Robert Bloch from Haffner on 01/05/20. I thought about ordering the limited edition at the time, but three years later I'm glad I didn't. It says it will be signed by all living contributors. There may not be many of those left by the time they get around to printing it.
              I'm sure looking forward to that one, too (though did not pre-order it). I'm not sure if I need the John the Balladeer or not...need to check my 5 (6?)-volume Night Shade set of Wellman's work and see if those particular stories were included...I just can't remember.

Comment

All of these stories about Haffner is why I haven't pulled a trigger on their titles. The Bloch and Wellman books sound interesting, I'm just not interested an indeterminate amount of time on preorders anymore, especially on books that aren't "must-haves". Once they're published and out in the wild, I might change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  All of these stories about Haffner is why I haven't pulled a trigger on their titles. The Bloch and Wellman books sound interesting, I'm just not interested an indeterminate amount of time on preorders anymore, especially on books that aren't "must-haves". Once they're published and out in the wild, I might change my mind.
                  This was my first Haffner order, and for $40 I don't mind waiting for it. It does put me off ordering anything else from them unless it has already been printed and is ready to ship. 

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

This was my first Haffner order, and for $40 I don't mind waiting for it. It does put me off ordering anything else from them unless it has already been printed and is ready to ship.Â
                    Never again, it's been almost two years and way too much attitude, no real follow-up information. No more pre-orders for Haffner. And damn few to anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post

Never again, it's been almost two years and way too much attitude, no real follow-up information. No more pre-orders for Haffner. And damn few to anybody else.
                      Once the S/L of HAIL MARY from Sub Press arrives in a few days (according to tracking), I will be down to three, count 'em three, total pre-orders -- and one of those was placed a week or so ago for a book that's supposed to be released in just a few weeks (WOLF HUNT 3 from Weird House), which will then bring down my pre-orders down to two. Yes, CD is one of them (THE STAND). Nice to have that kind of tight rein on my money again, so that it's not out there having fun, partying, doing god knows what, for years without me...instead, it's almost all back with me again, content and at home where it belongs, just chillin'. It and I have agreed to keep it that way going forward, except for very, very rare exceptions.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Once the S/L of HAIL MARY from Sub Press arrives in a few days (according to tracking), I will be down to three, count 'em three, total pre-orders -- and one of those was placed a week or so ago for a book that's supposed to be released in just a few weeks (WOLF HUNT 3 from Weird House), which will then bring down my pre-orders down to two. Yes, CD is one of them (THE STAND). Nice to have that kind of tight rein on my money again, so that it's not out there having fun, partying, doing god knows what, for years without me...instead, it's almost all back with me again, content and at home where it belongs, just chillin'. It and I have agreed to keep it that way going forward, except for very, very rare exceptions.
                        Too funny! I was thinking similarly today when looking at my pre-orders list. It sure has shrunk since publishers have started catching up on all of their covid/printer-delayed books. Everything on the list should be received this year with the exception of CD's the Stand, which I personally don't expect this year (but hope that I am wrong).

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

When my copy of Hail Mary arrives, I'll "only" be down to 19 pre-orders, which amount to about $1700 (damn dude!) excluding the SST pre-orders that I have where I don't know what the dollar conversion amounted to.

14 from CD for about $1350
                          3 from SST for ???
                          1 from SubPress for $195
                          1 from Suntup for $150

The CD ones hurt.  Oldest pre-order is "only" from 2017, which yes, I realize there are others who have it worse. 

Comment

Is it just me, or are you all seeing random characters in replies?  I was only seeing it on mhatchett 's replies, but I just had it happen to mine above.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                              Is it just me, or are you all seeing random characters in replies? I was only seeing it on mhatchett 's replies, but I just had it happen to mine above.
                              Not just you…I keep seeing capital A letters with a mark above it like a hat. No idea why.

And, yes, 19 preorders is a lot, comparatively or not. Ever consider trimming that down w/ CD by canceling and requesting refunds? Or are you determined to stay in for the long haul?

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                                Is it just me, or are you all seeing random characters in replies? I was only seeing it on mhatchett 's replies, but I just had it happen to mine above.
                                I'm not sure what causes it, but it only happens to me when I'm posting from my iPhone. When I post via my PC, like now, I don't have that issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X