Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Yes, Cannon Beach is kind of my go to place. Good restaurants, good shops and live theatre for $20! I keep thinking I should venture elsewhere, and I eventually will but Cannon Beach keeps pulling me back. Last night was closing night at the theatre so they released 2022's schedule and I am sure to return for at least two of them.
    Beautiful area. I know it's a two-hour drive, but if you haven't visited it already, carve out some extra time next time you head west and travel two hours south of Cannon Beach to Lincoln City and visit Robert's Bookshop...I can't recommend this place more highly. It's an usually large and rich bookstore (especially for the relatively sparsely-populated coastal area it's in)...I've never spent less than two hours there, and always leave with some treasures.

https://www.robertsbookshop.com/

I even have a 25th Anniversary poster (from 2012) from their store framed in my office:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/stat...153633281?s=20

Last edited by RonClinton; 12-20-2021, 12:41 AM.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Beautiful area. I know it's a two-hour drive, but if you haven't visited it already, carve out some extra time next time you head west and travel two hours south of Cannon Beach to Lincoln City and visit Robert's Bookshop...I can't recommend this place more highly. It's an usually large and rich bookstore (especially for the relatively sparsely-populated coastal area it's in)...I've never spent less than two hours there, and always leave with some treasures.

https://www.robertsbookshop.com/
      Thanks for the suggestion. I have not been to Lincoln City in years. May have to head down there in the spring!

Comment

I currently work as a front desk clerk. Wednesday morning at work I answered a call from one of our rooms. At first I couldn't clearly understand what was being said-than I realized it was a child calling and she asked "Are Yetis real?". My reply was - I'm afraid not sweet heart. There was lots of laughter after that call.

Cap
        Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

LOL. That is great.

Sounds like one story my mother likes to tell about me. She worked on the after hours cleaning crew at a small manufacturing plant and she would bring me with her. I'm guessing I was 6-8 years old. She would park me at the receptionists desk and I was to sit there and read or play but it was understand I was not to touch anything or leave that chair.

Well apparently one night I picked up the telecom microphone and sang with all my might "Beat It" by M.J. to everyone working 2nd shift in the shop.

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
          I currently work as a front desk clerk. Wednesday morning at work I answered a call from one of our rooms. At first I couldn't clearly understand what was being said-than I realized it was a child calling and she asked "Are Yetis real?". My reply was - I'm afraid not sweet heart. There was lots of laughter after that call.

Cap
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

To all my Friends at the CD Forum, thank you for your friendship throughout the year! I extend Seasons Greetings and the sincere wish that all of you have a very pleasant Holiday Season and that the New Year will bring each and everyone Joy, Serenity and Prosperity.

Comment

Very well said. Right back at ya' my friend.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              To all my Friends at the CD Forum, thank you for your friendship throughout the year! I extend Seasons Greetings and the sincere wish that all of you have a very pleasant Holiday Season and that the New Year will bring each and everyone Joy, Serenity and Prosperity.

Comment

Same to you! Merry Christmas and happy holidays, all! I truly appreciate everyone on the forum and the nice quiet corner of the Internet we have here.

Comment

Same to you, and I'll second that sentiment! I think I received enough chocolate today to put on 15-20lbs easy

Comment

The same to you and yours and everyone here!

Comment

So very true. For me it's a relief knowing there is this little spot that I can go to and not be deluged with negative things.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Same to you! Merry Christmas and happy holidays, all! I truly appreciate everyone on the forum and the nice quiet corner of the Internet we have here.

Comment

Belated Merry Christmas to all!

Comment

Merry Christmas to all, and may your new year be blessed with armfuls of beautiful, heart-racing books.
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Wishing a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all you wonderful book lovers!

Comment

As many have already mentioned, what a wonderful place we have here to share our love for reading and collecting. I look forward to continuing my visits here to get away from the daily nonsense we all have to put up with.

I hope everyone gets to have a wonderful kickoff to 2022 this weekend.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
                              I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

One dog causes trouble and one dog doesn't. Guess which one is which. Tan one is Stryder and Black one is named Scooter.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X