No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is awesome news. Wish him the best. Fantastic author and business owner.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Big news out of the BJF camp. Brian is leaving CD full time to pursue his own interest. He'll be hanging around in a part-time capacity. I couldn't be more happy for him and looking forward to carrying on with the journey. Congrats, Brian!
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      Big news out of the BJF camp. Brian is leaving CD full time to pursue his own interest. He'll be hanging around in a part-time capacity. I couldn't be more happy for him and looking forward to carrying on with the journey. Congrats, Brian!
      Good for him…I’m sure he’ll make Lividian even more of a success. I admittedly have concerns about what this means for CD, but I guess time will tell.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I thought that as well. Over the years, I have made the assumption, that Brian was integral in helping sort out a number of well known issues.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Good for him…I’m sure he’ll make Lividian even more of a success. I admittedly have concerns about what this means for CD, but I guess time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
          I thought that as well. Over the years, I have made the assumption, that Brian was integral in helping sort out a number of well known issues.

Richard has said as much in interviews, that — to paraphrase — his company’s success has been due to hiring quality people and letting them do the heavy lifting. Even his kind note today congratulating Brian admits he’s “never been much of a businessman.” So when someone so apparently key to the operation leaves and book output has already been concerningly slow for some time, it’s worrisome. But with Brian sticking around part-time, perhaps those heightened concerns are unfounded. I certainly wish both Brian and Rich/CD much success moving forward.

Comment

Oh I see how it is... lol Dan's not here... lol. Joking aside book output the last 2 years has been very slow largely due to covid and now how difficult it's become to manufacture books right now. The last 2 years have been really tough for our productivity. Gwendy's Final Task for instance has been at the printer close to 3 times longer than a book usually takes once it's been sent to the printer. They've had to change gears and order different paper for the book 4 or 5 times at this point. The last time the paper mill they were getting the paper from just up and closed it's doors out of no where and canceled all it's outstanding orders. Apparently right now all the paper money is in cardboard. It's been a nightmare.
            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Dan, You are still the man!

Comment

Like podcasts? Like books? Like podcasts about books, publishing, collecting limited and first editions, bookstore operations, etc.? This was a real treat for me this morning...a half-hour interview with David Headley, co-owner of Goldsboro Books in London (and book collector and literary agent):

https://open.spotify.com/episode/19R...Q4G5dnhYGhUtLg

Comment

It appears that my HP Envy 5055 printer is sadly dead. It turns on (Has power) and just will not print. I had previously dowloaded the HP Scan and Print Doctor. I apparently got lucky being able to scan something once after downloading the Scan and Print Doctor. Since that one time, it hasn't helped me out. I'm wondering if the printer is offline again. I had that issue a while back and than my printer worked again. After wasting my time this afternoon I'm contemplating buying a new printer. I'm not sure what do with this HP lemon. Does anyone have helpful advice to make my Envy 5055 print again? Or what I should do with it?

Cap (Grrr)
                  Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                    It appears that my HP Envy 5055 printer is sadly dead. It turns on (Has power) and just will not print. I had previously dowloaded the HP Scan and Print Doctor. I apparently got lucky being able to scan something once after downloading the Scan and Print Doctor. Since that one time, it hasn't helped me out. I'm wondering if the printer is offline again. I had that issue a while back and than my printer worked again. After wasting my time this afternoon I'm contemplating buying a new printer. I'm not sure what do with this HP lemon. Does anyone have helpful advice to make my Envy 5055 print again? Or what I should do with it?

Cap (Grrr)
                    I have a different model HP Envy but I had an issue that sounds like yours. A few months ago when I would try to print from my Windows PC it would state that the printer was offline. I could see the printer in my network and nothing I did would resolve the issue. Then an hour or so later the item would just print. Well about a month or so ago it would no longer come back online. I tried looking to see if there was an issue on my PC. I found that HP was no longer updating the print APP and they had a different one in the APP store. I deleted the old APP and loaded the new one. everything is working fine now.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I have a different model HP Envy but I had an issue that sounds like yours. A few months ago when I would try to print from my Windows PC it would state that the printer was offline. I could see the printer in my network and nothing I did would resolve the issue. Then an hour or so later the item would just print. Well about a month or so ago it would no longer come back online. I tried looking to see if there was an issue on my PC. I found that HP was no longer updating the print APP and they had a different one in the APP store. I deleted the old APP and loaded the new one. everything is working fine now.
                      This sounds promising. Could you provide a link to this? Thanks! ~Cap
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

This sounds promising. Could you provide a link to this? Thanks! ~Cap
                        I went through the Windows webstore but I think this is the APP. Get HP Smart - Microsoft Store Hope it works for you.

Comment

Not sure if anyone else enjoys Peter Clines (author of the EX series, 14, Paradox Bound) will be doing a virtual event this evening to promote his new book The Broken Room. Info can be found here:

https://www.mystgalaxy.com/event/322022Clines

Comment

Not sure if anyone else enjoys Peter Clines (author of the EX series, 14, Paradox Bound) will be doing a virtual event this evening to promote his new book The Broken Room. Info can be found here:

https://www.mystgalaxy.com/event/322022Clines
                            Not an author I have ever read. In my quest for new authors Paradox Bound was on my radar for a long time. Eventually opted to not try it as I thought it might be too Sci-Fi for me. How is his writing?

Comment

I enjoy him. I think he is a solid and fun writer. A little pop culture, a few laughs, and typically has little twists in his stories.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Not an author I have ever read. In my quest for new authors Paradox Bound was on my radar for a long time. Eventually opted to not try it as I thought it might be too Sci-Fi for me. How is his writing?

Comment

I enjoy him. I think he is a solid and fun writer. A little pop culture, a few laughs, and typically has little twists in his stories.

Thank you! He is back on my authors to explore list.

Comment

Working...
                                X