Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    This week I learned some borderline bad news about myself. My job, car and housing are all good. It's a health issue (Not covid). For the present my condition is okay. In a couple years things may have changed. I'll learn more when I talk to my dr in November. I am not looking for sympathy. Simply put I have too many books and I have decided to try to downsize. I am trying to sell some Brian Keene novels. These are all S/L hardcovers. I am not good with pictures (I'm lousy at taking pictures). If you are really interested in a title contact me and I'll do my best to send you a picture or two. I'm really hoping I can sell some books here. ~Cap

Brian Keene novels for sale:
    Entombed
    Dead Sea SOLD
    Urban Gothic
    Unhappy Endings
    The Rising: Death In Four Colors
    The Rising: Selected Scenes From The End Of The World
    Castaways
    Last Of The Alabatwitches
    So I learned a few weeks ago I am fine, I just have to have scan once a year. My new dr just unintentionally scared me saying what he did. It's too bad this business with the dr happened. ~Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

So I learned a few weeks ago I am fine, I just have to have scan once a year. My new dr just unintentionally scared me saying what he did. It's too bad this business with the dr happened. ~Cap
      That’s great news, Cap! I’m glad things aren’t what you had feared.

Comment

That is wonderful news my friend.

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

That’s great news, Cap! I’m glad things aren’t what you had feared.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Nothing like a jolt of Dr Talk to make us appreciate life LOL!! Glad everything is good.
          Last edited by mhatchett; 12-16-2021, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Glad to hear that. Life is finite, enjoy every minute you can!

Comment

Good to hear all is well!
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

That is great news, Cap!

Comment

Good news, Steve!

Comment

Vacation has arrived!
                    DSC_1382.JPG

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Very nice. Hope you get some much needed R&R.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Vacation has arrived!
                          DSC_1382.JPG
                          That looks like Haystack Rock…are you vacationing in Cannon Beach?
                          Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                            Nice!
                            Thanks!
                            Last edited by Martin; 12-19-2021, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                              Very nice. Hope you get some much needed R&R.
                              Great start to a vacation. Unfortunately, the restaurant I planned to have dinner on Friday had decided to vacation until 12/28.umbrellaor them but a miss for me. When I went to sleep Sunday morning there were three crab boats visible offshore. I wondered if they would be heading in soon as a storm was predicted. Woke about two in the morning and had to close the patio due to wind. The boats had all gone home. Sunday morning, I was greeted to 30 mile an hour sustained winds plus much stronger gusts and wind coming at you sideways. I opted to drive to breakfast rather than walk the 1/2 mile. After breakfast I tried to walk about. In less than five minutes my umbrella had been closed by the wind (I actually had never experienced that before), turned inside out and because I could only cover my upper body with the umbrella my jeans were soaked. Spent most of the day in my room watching the storm blow through. Left at 7 last night to go to a play and there was no wind or rain. The play was an original production which was a 1936 Christmas play of 'A Christmas Carol' being acted out. Wasn't sure what to except but it was fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

That looks like Haystack Rock…are you vacationing in Cannon Beach?
                                Yes, Cannon Beach is kind of my go to place. Good restaurants, good shops and live theatre for $20! I keep thinking I should venture elsewhere, and I eventually will but Cannon Beach keeps pulling me back. Last night was closing night at the theatre so they released 2022's schedule and I am sure to return for at least two of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X