No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to take advantage of the 50% off offer that was in today's email. I was until I saw this at checkout to complete my order *USPS Priority Mail$41.60*. What the heck?? Hey Dan or Brian - What is wrong with the online ordering system? By the time either of you see this the 50% off offer will have ended.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Bought a new refrigerator today. Man, but that $$$$ sure could've bought a lotta books...
      I had to replace mine last spring. I feel your pain, but I have a working freezer again so that is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I had to replace mine last spring. I feel your pain, but I have a working freezer again so that is nice.
        Yeah, when you have to choose between a new refrigerator/freezer or a copy of the signed/limited “coffin” THE STAND to keep your ice cream cold, the choice is unfortunate but clear.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Yeah, when you have to choose between a new refrigerator/freezer or a copy of the signed/limited “coffin” THE STAND to keep your ice cream cold, the choice is unfortunate but clear.
          RIP ice cream.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            Don't be gone so long LOL!
            He's been hanging out in the underworld known as TDT.org.

Comment

Your priorities are way out of whack, my friend. I also convert my spent into would could have been book purchases. Matter of fact, I just purchased a S/L for her car last week

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                I was going to take advantage of the 50% off offer that was in today's email. I was until I saw this at checkout to complete my order *USPS Priority Mail$41.60*. What the heck?? Hey Dan or Brian - What is wrong with the online ordering system? By the time either of you see this the 50% off offer will have ended.

Cap
                Not really sure what was up. I do know we had the settings on the free magnet set wrong, so it wasn't letting people choose Media Mail as a shipping option. Unfortunately it was only brought to my attention this morning after the magnet deal was over. Is it still not working right?
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

Not really sure what was up. I do know we had the settings on the free magnet set wrong, so it wasn't letting people choose Media Mail as a shipping option. Unfortunately it was only brought to my attention this morning after the magnet deal was over. Is it still not working right?
                  Yeah, that issue (no media mail) caused me to pass on the sale as well. I wanted to pick up a copy of Tom Holland's book; however, the cheapest shipping option was almost as much as the cost of the book. Oh well, guess the purchase wasn't meant to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post

Brian asked me to email Mindy if I still wanted to order. I did just that late Thursday morning (Thursday afternoon your time). I couldn't email earlier due to a busy work morning. I asked for the total price please after seeing the $41.60 shipping thingy.

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post

Yeah, that issue (no media mail) caused me to pass on the sale as well. I wanted to pick up a copy of Tom Holland's book; however, the cheapest shipping option was almost as much as the cost of the book. Oh well, guess the purchase wasn't meant to be.
                      Well I see I'm not the only person who saw that shipping option. Cap

Comment

Cheapest for me was $11 and change for Fed Ex. I took it, but would be happy if it was downgraded to Media Mail, if that is indeed a post-order option and it means a refund of the difference. But it’s fine either way...$5 is barely enough for a latte anymore.

Comment

Cheapest for me was $11 and change for Fed Ex. I took it, but would be happy if it was downgraded to Media Mail, if that is indeed a post-order option and it means a refund of the difference. But it’s fine either way...$5 is barely enough for a latte anymore.
                          I remember having a latte a couple of times years ago. I knew right away that stuff was too rich for my system. Cap

Comment

Made me think of my last big project in South Miami. I would buy this stuff and drink the whole cup by myself. Didn't share and didn't need those little shot glasses.

wvqhqspv3emqmkac83zw.jpg

Kept me going and going and going.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post

I remember having a latte a couple of times years ago. I knew right away that stuff was too rich for my system. Cap
                              I live in the Seattle area where lattes are an alternative currency.

Comment

I live in the Seattle area where lattes are an alternative currency.
                                A couple of lifetimes ago I had a girlfriend attending University of Puget Sound. We ventured up into Seattle to meet some people at a bar. The only thing I remember about the bar is that it was near the Space Needle and had a live Parrot. When we were in the area the group all wanted to go to Starbucks. We went to one and there was a line and the coffee was strong to the point of being undrinkable. On the way out I noticed that across the street was another Starbucks with just as long a line. At the time I thought "this place will never make it." I may have been wrong but the way they make their coffee still sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X