Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Emerald City Comicon has been cancelled. They are looking for a time in the summer to try to re-schedule.
    https://www.emeraldcitycomiccon.com/...-From-Reedpop/
    I saw! For awhile there, I was really disappointed seeing who was going to be there and I wasn't going to attend, but now I'm relieved I didn't make all of those plans. Purely selfish reasons though, it does hurt my pocketbook because all of the artists I wanted to see are having their stuff on-line with deals so I keep eyeballing stuff I would have had to buy in person to get. (That sentence is bad . . . hopefully you get it.)

Now I'm thinking about doing the full three days at Denver Pop Culture Con because Larry Hamma will there (YO JOE!) along with Paige O'Hara (gotta include the wife) plus some authors I'm interested in. But who knows what July will be like . . .

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
      I saw! For awhile there, I was really disappointed seeing who was going to be there and I wasn't going to attend, but now I'm relieved I didn't make all of those plans. Purely selfish reasons though, it does hurt my pocketbook because all of the artists I wanted to see are having their stuff on-line with deals so I keep eyeballing stuff I would have had to buy in person to get. (That sentence is bad . . . hopefully you get it.)

Now I'm thinking about doing the full three days at Denver Pop Culture Con because Larry Hamma will there (YO JOE!) along with Paige O'Hara (gotta include the wife) plus some authors I'm interested in. But who knows what July will be like . . .
      I thought of you when I saw at first they were going to scale it back and then the cancel. The suspension of the MLS season brought you to mind also.

Comment

I thought of you when I saw at first they were going to scale it back and then the cancel. The suspension of the MLS season brought you to mind also.
        Disappointing but not unexpected. So far it’s only 30 days but I’m being a realist and expect the full season to be canceled. At the very least it’ll save me a few trips to Seattle (I flew back just for the day on the 1st - that was exhausting!)

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
          Disappointing but not unexpected. So far it’s only 30 days but I’m being a realist and expect the full season to be canceled. At the very least it’ll save me a few trips to Seattle (I flew back just for the day on the 1st - that was exhausting!)
          At this point I would be surprised if they resumed the season.

Comment

On a completely random note. It is not raining today. Woke up to about 2 inches of snow. 2nd time in the last thirty years we have had measurable snowfall in March. They also happen to be the last two years.

Haven't bothered to turn the TV on to see if the local channels have switched from Pandemicmageddon to Snowmageddon.

Comment

On a completely random note. It is not raining today. Woke up to about 2 inches of snow. 2nd time in the last thirty years we have had measurable snowfall in March. They also happen to be the last two years.

Haven't bothered to turn the TV on to see if the local channels have switched from Pandemicmageddon to Snowmageddon.
              Hahaha! (the news)

Comment

Whichever will generate the best ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  Whichever will generate the best ratings.
                  Never did turn on the TV to see but they have not had any opportunity to use this years Snowpocalypse graphics yet this year so I expect they went with that. We peaked at about 3 inches and I looked at the back deck earlier and we still have about an inch.

Comment

Never did turn on the TV to see but they have not had any opportunity to use this years Snowpocalypse graphics yet this year so I expect they went with that. We peaked at about 3 inches and I looked at the back deck earlier and we still have about an inch.
                    If only Corona would go so quietly......

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                      If only Corona would go so quietly......
                      Indeed!

Comment

Ate at Subway tonight (not my favorite place at all) and found it interesting that they had created safe zones by flagging off certain tables. They were attempting to create space between groups. Regardless it was only us and one other table.
                        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                          Ate at Subway tonight (not my favorite place at all) and found it interesting that they had created safe zones by flagging off certain tables. They were attempting to create space between groups. Regardless it was only us and one other table.
                          Here in Illinois our governor has ordered all restaurants closed to dine-in eating. Only drive-thru and takeout orders are allowed. I wonder if most states will soon be heading in this direction? I suspect so.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
                            Here in Illinois our governor has ordered all restaurants closed to dine-in eating. Only drive-thru and takeout orders are allowed. I wonder if most states will soon be heading in this direction? I suspect so.
                            There's lots already. Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, and New Jersey to name a few. Pennsylvania has ordered "all non essential" businesses to close. Speaking to PA and MD specifically it's in effect until the end of the month, though I suspect it'll go longer than that. I think I read something the other day about Colorodo closing some stuff through May, and I know I saw a headline that Kentucky has ordered the public schools to be closed for the rest of the school year.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Arghh. The above really stinks for me. I know this is selfish however I already work from home and have for years. I look forward to getting out of the house.

We are not rich so don't really do vacation or big fun things. Getting out for a meal, browsing (not buying) through the local mall, going to the book store, are all the small things I get to do which gets me around society. This forum is the most active social type thing I do on the internet.

Bummer.

Anyway. Hope everyone stays safe, healthy, and can continue cleaning your backsides with bountiful amounts of TP.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                                Arghh. The above really stinks for me. I know this is selfish however I already work from home and have for years. I look forward to getting out of the house.
                                I have also worked from home for years, and I feel the same way you do. It's always the opposite with my wife, when she gets home from work she is ready to stay home and relax and I'm eager to get out of the house!

Comment

Working...
                                X