Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I bought one too. I agree with everything you said, it is a nice book for the price. One other thing I noticed is how thin the pages are. I guess that's how they were able to get 800+ pages in a book that's only about an inch thick. I am looking forward to reading this one, as I haven't read any of her stuff other than The Lottery when I was in high school.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21407[/ATTACH]
    Yep, got my copy a week or so ago, too…looking forward to reading it soon.
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

The only thing I have read from Miss. Jackson was The Haunting if Hill House. I enjoyed it but was not blown away. I will give more of her work a try at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
        It's already begun... Honestly, guys, what did we expect? Did you see the knife he uses for his unboxing videos?! There's obviously always been a little bit of a prima donna there.

Just kidding, Jeff! Really cool to get that mention from DRP in their newsletter. I always appreciate your unboxing videos so here's to more people getting to check them out!
        Always thought the knife was, you know......

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
          Always thought the knife was, you know......
          Compensation?

Comment

Originally posted by Br!an View Post
            Compensation?

Comment

Today I found a worn/readable copy of Great Ghost Stories edited by Philip Van Doren Stern from 1964-Washington Square Press. It was .99 cents

Cap
              Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                I replaced my gas trimmer with one of these last year - https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-15-i...02SF/300638783

I could really use an extra battery, but it works well. My gas trimmer was driving me nuts, and I couldn't get parts for it any more. I'm really glad to have gone electric. These 56V models are great.
                Thanks for the recommendation, Dave! I picked up a refurbished one for about $65 off retail and it kicks ass! I'll be looking to pick up more of their products down the road.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation, Dave! I picked up a refurbished one for about $65 off retail and it kicks ass! I'll be looking to pick up more of their products down the road.
                  Hey, that's a great deal! When I bought mine, I actually meant to get the next model up for an extra $30 because it advertised "self-loading string", which sounded good. Home Depot had them in the wrong cardboard display, and I just kept the one I got.

Last week was the first time I ran out of string, and I looked on YouTube to see how to reload it. Well, talk about easy, especially compared to my old gas trimmer. All you have to do is line up the "load" arrows on the head (you can leave it on the unit), feed string all the way through, then pull until you have 8' on each side. Then just wind the head anti-clockwise and it loads itself. Very smart system, and dead easy.

Now I just have to avoid weed whacking the things my wife planted. I told her she better mark those spots, 'cause once the weed whacker's in motion, it doesn't stop 'til the battery dies!

Comment

Hey, that's a great deal! When I bought mine, I actually meant to get the next model up for an extra $30 because it advertised "self-loading string", which sounded good. Home Depot had them in the wrong cardboard display, and I just kept the one I got.

Last week was the first time I ran out of string, and I looked on YouTube to see how to reload it. Well, talk about easy, especially compared to my old gas trimmer. All you have to do is line up the "load" arrows on the head (you can leave it on the unit), feed string all the way through, then pull until you have 8' on each side. Then just wind the head anti-clockwise and it loads itself. Very smart system, and dead easy.

Now I just have to avoid weed whacking the things my wife planted. I told her she better mark those spots, 'cause once the weed whacker's in motion, it doesn't stop 'til the battery dies!
                    LOL! I'm usually supervised as well and that's great to hear about reloading the string. I'd put it up against any gas trimmer that I've ever used.

Comment

The only drawback in my electric trimmer compared to my old gas is pure power. For normal weeds and grass it's great. My old gas was a 4-cycle and also used larger string. I could take out a lot with that, but you don't need to do that too often. I bought a blower that uses the same batteries. So I have a backup. I would normally plug in a battery when I started mowing guaranteeing I'd have enough to trim when I was done.

Comment

Originally posted by khaos View Post
                        The only drawback in my electric trimmer compared to my old gas is pure power. For normal weeds and grass it's great. My old gas was a 4-cycle and also used larger string. I could take out a lot with that, but you don't need to do that too often. I bought a blower that uses the same batteries. So I have a backup. I would normally plug in a battery when I started mowing guaranteeing I'd have enough to trim when I was done.
                        This Ego is a pretty strong trimmer and more than enough for you basic lawn maintenance. I had no loss of power after using it continuously for 20 minutes or so. I'd highly recommend it when you go to replace your electric. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

This Ego is a pretty strong trimmer and more than enough for you basic lawn maintenance. I had no loss of power after using it continuously for 20 minutes or so. I'd highly recommend it when you go to replace your electric. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
                          I agree. In fact, the EGO is way better than my old Echo gas trimmer, which was running the maximum diameter string that would fit. The EGO string is woven strands, and rips through everything, even tougher weeds that the gas trimmer couldn't handle. The only thing I still need the machete for is the bamboo, which is still trying to come back three years after I cut it all down.

Comment

I agree. In fact, the EGO is way better than my old Echo gas trimmer, which was running the maximum diameter string that would fit. The EGO string is woven strands, and rips through everything, even tougher weeds that the gas trimmer couldn't handle. The only thing I still need the machete for is the bamboo, which is still trying to come back three years after I cut it all down.
                            That stuff is pretty resilient.

Comment

Happy Mothers day!
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just dumped a bunch of new stuff over on my Etsy page if anyone is interested. New pens, discounted some older pens, leftover Salem's Lot carvings, extra Christmas ornaments, and new map / art carving thing.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X