No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a few of the Suntup Numbered editions, but only the ones I really wanted. I do still buy the AEs, but again, only the ones I'm really interested in.

Values have remained high for most of the books, but I do see a lot of sellers trying to get rid of Lettered and Numbered editions they're not interested in keeping just so they can stay on the Lettered/Numbered train. There's no way I would spend $5k+ on Numbered Editions every year.

Comment

I got the one I really wanted early on so I'm pretty much satisfied. Nothing has really blown my hair back since. I stay pretty much within my little collecting bubble though.

Comment

Great idea. I am back into my very own collecting bubble and liking it!

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
        I got the one I really wanted early on so I'm pretty much satisfied. Nothing has really blown my hair back since. I stay pretty much within my little collecting bubble though.
        Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Happy Fathers Day everybody!!

Comment

Right back at you.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Ditto, everyone!

Comment

Happy Father’s Day, all!

Comment

I hate hot weather! Here in Vancouver, WA it usually reaches 100 degrees a few times a year. The all time record is 107. The current forecast is 105 Saturday, 111 Sunday and 108 Monday. The overnight low for Saturday is forecast for 74. The highest overnight low on record is 69. My air conditioner will be working hard and I will be hiding indoors!

Comment

Martin, my daughter is working in Vancouver. She is a traveling dialysis tech. she said it felt like home LOL!!

Comment

Martin, my daughter is working in Vancouver. She is a traveling dialysis tech. she said it felt like home LOL!!
                      Depending on the location she is at she may be real close to me. I live directly north of the regional hospital although I am not sure they offer dialysis. A medical office named The Vancouver Clinic is across the street from the hospital and I know they have a dialysis center. The heat so far has been within reason, only in the mid eighties. Starting Friday we are looking at possibly two weeks above 90 which is very rare. Hope she enjoys her time in Vancouver. If she has not gone down to the downtown waterfront she should check it out.

Comment

I was reading about the unusually warm weather the PNW is having this weekend (it crossed in my soccer landscape . . .) and it sounds miserable. At least when it gets hot here in Colorado, we have AC, unlike most places in the PNW where AC is barely optional.

Stay cool!

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                          I was reading about the unusually warm weather the PNW is having this weekend (it crossed in my soccer landscape . . .) and it sounds miserable. At least when it gets hot here in Colorado, we have AC, unlike most places in the PNW where AC is barely optional.

Stay cool!
                          We built this house in 1996. When planning for the build my wife and each created a list of must have/would like to have/neutral/rather not have/will not have. My wife and I only had one must have each. My wife's must have was a soaking tub and mine was central A/C. As we were building and getting to know our future neighbors everyone around us asked why were were putting in A/C. I always explained that it for the same reason they were putting in heat. It was to keep house a comfortable temperature. They all thought we were wasting money. Every one of those houses has central A/C now. The problem is that I have my thermostat to not let the house get above 68 and when it reaches the 90's it can't keep up so I will not be comfortable for a while since the 10 day forecast has no days not in the 90's or higher. I have a contractor from India who got stuck in Vancouver BC when the border closed. I asked him if the heat was expected up there. He said BC is expecting 97 degrees this weekend.

Comment

Last night was the highest overnight low on record here at 70 degrees. We have now tied our all time record of 107 which will probably be broken within the hour. Tomorrow and Monday are forecasted for 115 and 113. The overnight low tonight is forecast for 76. My A/C is working as hard as it can but it can't keep the house at a comfortable 68 in these conditions. I have a niece who owns a couple of drive up coffee shops. Even with window A/C units she is closing at noon for her employees as it is just too hot inside. IF this trend continues I may need to retire in the arctic.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                              Last night was the highest overnight low on record here at 70 degrees. We have now tied our all time record of 107 which will probably be broken within the hour. Tomorrow and Monday are forecasted for 115 and 113. The overnight low tonight is forecast for 76. My A/C is working as hard as it can but it can't keep the house at a comfortable 68 in these conditions. I have a niece who owns a couple of drive up coffee shops. Even with window A/C units she is closing at noon for her employees as it is just too hot inside. IF this trend continues I may need to retire in the arctic.
                              68? Man, I'd be freezin' at your place. We keeps ours at a balmy 75 here.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

68? Man, I'd be freezin' at your place. We keeps ours at a balmy 75 here.
                                Yeah, we keep it at 76 during the day, and 71 at night. I hate being cold.

Comment

Working...
                                X