No announcement yet.

Random thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's no secret that I typically prefer audio books. I've finally run into something I don't like about them, or at least how this particular publisher handled this one. I'm listening to a 5 book series and am on book four currently. I'm also on the 3rd different narrator of the series and none of them pronounce the names and places the same. It's really really annoying.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
      So it's no secret that I typically prefer audio books. I've finally run into something I don't like about them, or at least how this particular publisher handled this one. I'm listening to a 5 book series and am on book four currently. I'm also on the 3rd different narrator of the series and none of them pronounce the names and places the same. It's really really annoying.
      I just had a similar experience. Listening the John Scalzi's Old Man's War series. The main part of the series is all narrated by the same person and he is doing great. Then there is a book that is told from the point of view from another character. They use a different person for that book which makes sense, all is good. The new narrator pronounces her own name differently. It completely distracts me!

Comment

Yes, continuity of narrators is important. I am currently listening to Simon Prebble narrate McCammon's The Hunter From The Woods. He also narrated The Wolf's Hour. Somehow this helps me immerse myself better than when narrator's cahnge from book to book. My wife listens to more series than I do, and she HATES it when there is a different narrator.

Comment

Finally got the NRB June box. Disappointing. Although I did like the print and pin. I don't think I'll ever return. Plus got The Cuckoo Wood by M Sean Coleman i won in a Twitter giveaway.

Comment

Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
            Finally got the NRB June box. Disappointing. Although I did like the print and pin. I don't think I'll ever return. Plus got The Cuckoo Wood by M Sean Coleman i won in a Twitter giveaway.
            In the year I have been receiving these boxes June was bar far the weakest. It is a shame since it is also the one people have been waiting so long for. Glad to hear yours has arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
              In the year I have been receiving these boxes June was bar far the weakest. It is a shame since it is also the one people have been waiting so long for. Glad to hear yours has arrived.
              NRB has really taken a customer relations hit with the June box fiasco. Contents aside, they have alienated literally hundreds of previously loyal customers with their rude and disjointed communications. Many have cancelled their subscriptions and related their experiences to the BBB. My June box is finally supposed to arrive today also, but I really wonder about the long-term viability of the company after this disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by rjmyers View Post
                NRB has really taken a customer relations hit with the June box fiasco. Contents aside, they have alienated literally hundreds of previously loyal customers with their rude and disjointed communications. Many have cancelled their subscriptions and related their experiences to the BBB. My June box is finally supposed to arrive today also, but I really wonder about the long-term viability of the company after this disaster.
                You are correct I came close to cancelling after receiving on of their updates. I chose to remain but I am certain many did not. I am still a subscriber but it would not take a lot for me to decide to cancel. I have no issue with the product being delayed, I am patient. I do expect clear and professional communication. I hope they have a successful business for years to come, time will tell.

Comment

I'm sticking for my Salem's Lot book. I really do feel that much of this can be attributed, his behavior/outbursts etc, to PTSD. I'm not making excuses for anybody, I'm dealing with some residual effects from my deployments, it's hard work getting impulse control back to where it should be. He's young man working through issues while trying to get a business up and running, not an easy combination. I hope things can work out for everybody.

Comment

I agree with the two previous comments. I can wait. And I get how much pressure Vincent has been under--new baby, King box controversy (that BLEW UP on TDT), and being admitted to a hospital as one of the only people in control of shipments. It's way too much to get ahead of. But I paused my subscription and I'm not getting the September box. I still don't have June. I also have July, August, and TWO King boxes due to me. So I needed to cool it a little bit until he gets rolling and back in a rhythm. I'll probably jump back on once things smooth out, but it's tough to justify all my spending on books when I'm the only income in a five-person household. Pausing takes some of the pressure off and cools the credit card.

Comment

Yep

Comment

I just posted this on the DT board. Thought I'd share here as well. We have some beer mugs and coffee mugs left from previous CDCCs if anyone is interested.

https://www.cemeterydance.com/CDCC-glass-beer-mug.html

https://www.cemeterydance.com/CD-coffee-mug.html

Instagram

Comment

Nice coffee mug Dan. Just my opinion, a very expensive coffee mug and that is w/out shipping. ~Cap
                          Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                            Nice coffee mug Dan. Just my opinion, a very expensive coffee mug and that is w/out shipping. ~Cap
                            Yea it's a bit expensive, but these mugs and the beer mugs where a bit expensive to have made. I'd rather them creep out from being too expensive then fly off the shelf and we over sell them, since there are so few of them left.

Instagram

Comment

The mug is...a mug. Great-looking, but still a mug. The beer mug is awesome. I use it every day. (I don't drink, but it holds a lot of ice water!)
                              http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Happy Labor Day folks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X