Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Well this is not good. It is only supposed to be 95 today and my air conditioning has gone out. I have checked the unit out and diagnosed (Guessed) the issue and ordered the part I need to replace (maybe). $18 part and $28 to overnight it to me. If my diagnosis (Guess) is correct I will have A/C again tomorrow but for now it is rather hot in here!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Woo-Hoo!!! Wind has shifted to be coming from the coast. Temperature has dropped 20 degrees in 45 minutes! It is only 96 but the humidity is up to 34%. We could reach the high 60's overnight!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    76 with 95% humidity here right now. Seems pleasant compared to 115.

Humidity is only 11% but that 'but it's a dry heat' goes out the window when it is this hot. We have a breeze coming out of the gorge which basically makes it feel like you are standing in a convection oven when outside.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    76 with 95% humidity here right now. Seems pleasant compared to 115.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

7:00 PM and it is 115. I may move further north but there is zero chance I go anywhere south of here.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Sounds like you need to move to Florida so you can experience some milder Summer temps. LOL

7:00 PM and it is 115. I may move further north but there is zero chance I go anywhere south of here.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Sounds like you need to move to Florida so you can experience some milder Summer temps. LOL

That would have to require me to actually step outside. I tried that yesterday and, trust me, it will not happen again. I actually stepped onto the back porch wit only my socks on yesterday and if I had remained it would have burnt my feet. Turned on the noon local news and they are predicting 115 which would be the third straight breaking the all time high. They are now saying the all time high in the state of 119 may be broken east of the mountains. I am so ready for fall!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    You are getting close to trying a few fun things.

According to the Library of Congress, it's possible, but not probable, that you could fry an egg on a sidewalk during a hot day. Eggs need to reach a temperature of 158*F to cook through. Sidewalks can usually get up to 145*F. The hotter the day, the more likely your egg will fry.

That would have to require me to actually step outside. I tried that yesterday and, trust me, it will not happen again. I actually stepped onto the back porch wit only my socks on yesterday and if I had remained it would have burnt my feet. Turned on the noon local news and they are predicting 115 which would be the third straight breaking the all time high. They are now saying the all time high in the state of 119 may be broken east of the mountains. I am so ready for fall!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    You are getting close to trying a few fun things.

According to the Library of Congress, it's possible, but not probable, that you could fry an egg on a sidewalk during a hot day. Eggs need to reach a temperature of 158*F to cook through. Sidewalks can usually get up to 145*F. The hotter the day, the more likely your egg will fry.

11:00 AM and 100 degrees. No good will come from this!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    11:00 AM and 100 degrees. No good will come from this!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Glad I have shown some restraint in buying books within my budget. If I would have impulsively bought a certain title I wouldn't have been able to buy two other books which I wanted more. Just patting myself on the back here.
    Congratulations, isn't it great when plan comes together!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Glad I have shown some restraint in buying books within my budget. If I would have impulsively bought a certain title I wouldn't have been able to buy two other books which I wanted more. Just patting myself on the back here.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

And we've been 10 to 20 below normal for this time of year, I'm sure July and August will more than make up for it.
    They are estimating that we will be hotter and dryer than normal all summer. They also do not expect another heat wave like this one, but considering this has never happened before that is probably just betting the odds. Got down to 80 overnight and it has reached 90 before 10:00 AM. Expecting today to threaten the all time high set yesterday. The good news is the the air flow is starting to change. The north coast of Oregon which set all time highs just over 100 yesterday is now in the 60's. They expect that air to begin reaching us around 8:00 tonight and start pushing us to be just 'hot'.

Side note: why had our driest spring yet and now we are expecting an extremely dry summer. After the devastating fires of last summer we are already seeing several fires and it looks like it will be another rough year.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    8:30 at night and we have cooled down from a high of 114 to only 110. I never thought I would say this but I am so looking forward to some days in the 90's.
    And we've been 10 to 20 below normal for this time of year, I'm sure July and August will more than make up for it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    8:30 at night and we have cooled down from a high of 114 to only 110. I never thought I would say this but I am so looking forward to some days in the 90's.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Great idea. If the humidity isn't high there a swamp cooler would help out a bunch.

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post

If you have bags of ice, fill a large container or bucket full of ice and then run a fan to push air across it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X