Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Happy Holiday season to all. I wish everyone love, joy, and a big hug from Santa.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Noticed that "The Cipher" by Kathe Koja was just reviewed today on the Free Reads section of the CD website. Have seen this book on a bunch of "the best horror novels that you've never read" lists. Have always wanted to give it a go; however, I don't really purchase paperbacks anymore. Prefer to stick with hardcovers. Does anyone know if a hardcover of this title exists? Did the usual Amazon/ABE search and didn't see a hardcover edition; however, I know that doesn't necessarily indicate that one doesn't exist. Thought I'd ask the forum as I figure that if a hardcover does exist, than perhaps one of you has it in your collection. Any info is appreciated.
    I don't think there's a hardcover edition either, but Meerkat Press just did an oversize PB edition. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_-IQBJKYP0

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Noticed that "The Cipher" by Kathe Koja was just reviewed today on the Free Reads section of the CD website. Have seen this book on a bunch of "the best horror novels that you've never read" lists. Have always wanted to give it a go; however, I don't really purchase paperbacks anymore. Prefer to stick with hardcovers. Does anyone know if a hardcover of this title exists? Did the usual Amazon/ABE search and didn't see a hardcover edition; however, I know that doesn't necessarily indicate that one doesn't exist. Thought I'd ask the forum as I figure that if a hardcover does exist, than perhaps one of you has it in your collection. Any info is appreciated.
    Goodreads only lists an audiobook, multiple paperbacks and multiple ebooks. Doubt there has been a hardcover available.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am hoping more for statistical randomness but time will tell.
    Probably more long these lines, I'd agree.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Sign of the times I guess.
    I am hoping more for statistical randomness but time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

I have been in this house for almost 24 years. In that time there have been 2 shootings in the general area. Both have been in the last three months.
    Sign of the times I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

Hitting a little too close to home for sure.
    I have been in this house for almost 24 years. In that time there have been 2 shootings in the general area. Both have been in the last three months.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

The helicopter has stopped circling and they have now said there is no threat to the public. Fortunately the office the shooting occurred is 50 yards from the hospital. They are saying both victims are in the hospital emergency room but are giving no other details.
    Hitting a little too close to home for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Stay safe my friend.

The helicopter has stopped circling and they have now said there is no threat to the public. Fortunately the office the shooting occurred is 50 yards from the hospital. They are saying both victims are in the hospital emergency room but are giving no other details.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Sorry to hear that. Stay safe my friend.

For the last two hours my house has been repeatedly buzzed by a low flying helicopter. Finally decided if the ol'interweb had info about what was going on. Turns out two people have been shot at a doctors office about a 1/2 mile from me. The suspect is at large.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    For the last two hours my house has been repeatedly buzzed by a low flying helicopter. Finally decided if the ol'interweb had info about what was going on. Turns out two people have been shot at a doctors office about a 1/2 mile from me. The suspect is at large.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Well, I'll be a -----'s ---. I thought someone was yanking my chain for sure. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    Is there really a Short Story Day? ~Cap
    Yes, and it is today! Short Story Day (21st December) | Days Of The Year

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Is there really a Short Story Day? ~Cap

Leave a comment:

Working...