X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Can we start a thread for us to discuss, at least the old timers, our daily ailments?

For instance- the weather here as drastically changed overnight- and my bad knee is singing the blues. That coupled with my thrown out back are making this a tough day.
    I would start it but I wouldn't know where to start. At this point in life everything hurts!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Can we start a thread for us to discuss, at least the old timers, our daily ailments?

For instance- the weather here as drastically changed overnight- and my bad knee is singing the blues. That coupled with my thrown out back are making this a tough day.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    My first horror limited-edition was a Dark Harvest title back in the late ‘80s.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    This wasn't my introduction to small press but IT is one of my favorite books and the production from CD was awesome. I also have a remarque from Erin Wells in it and emails we exchanged regarding the process.

It really is a special copy of the book to me. However, at those prices, it certainly is tempting to test the market.

On a side note my first small press book was from Grant. From Grant I then moved to CD and then -BAM- I was hooked on small press, special edition books.

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Damn! $910 at the moment!

I could definitely be talked into parting with my copy for that price in a heartbeat. I don't think I love it that much. But then again, I might be all talk - this is literally the book that got me into the small press collecting. I got my copy from Amazon somehow even!

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Damn! $910 at the moment!

I could definitely be talked into parting with my copy for that price in a heartbeat. I don't think I love it that much. But then again, I might be all talk - this is literally the book that got me into the small press collecting. I got my copy from Amazon somehow even!
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    It's crazy how much that unsigned gift goes for. Plus it's a CD auction so it will go even higher. A smart shopper could get several signed King books for what this one will sell for.
    I have several expensive holes in my SK 1st 1st collection. Selling this particular book could help me fill at least one of them.
    However the GE of IT is such a gorgeous book and would be hard to let go of for some, probably, musty and certainly not a fine copy of a 1st 1st.
    At the end of the day I am probably all talk. I just have issue(s) with selling anything in my SK collection.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    There is nothing on Facebook that is worth joining them.
    I see some Groups from time to time -- some publisher fan groups, some vintage pb groups, etc. -- that look interesting, and I tell myself at those times that I really need to join Facebook to join in, but I never do and almost certainly never will, especially given the more recent privacy revelations r.e. Facebook. I know I'm likely missing out on some good, informative conversations, but I just have no interest in starting down that bramble-filled path. Most days, I post some (book-only) tweets on Twitter, a few posts here @ CD Forum, perhaps a few each week over at TDT.org, and that's about it. For me, that's plenty.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    You very well may be correct. I had a dormant account and sadly started accessing it again recently. Thought I could handle it but finding out that is not the case.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• khaos
    replied
    Kind of torn. I reactivated my FB account after a long hiatus from it. Came back and still have issue with a lot of the content and the tone people communicate with these days. I joined a pretty cool group but not sure I want to support FB by me being on their platform.
    I really only like some of the groups I'm in. If I leave I'd really miss out on that content. There are so few good forums like this. Most are filled with garbage and/or idiots. But overall it's really hard to support Facebook in any manner. They are a good chunk responsible for the garbage we see everywhere, the hate and stupid by choice.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Kind of torn. I reactivated my FB account after a long hiatus from it. Came back and still have issue with a lot of the content and the tone people communicate with these days. I joined a pretty cool group but not sure I want to support FB by me being on their platform.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I have several expensive holes in my SK 1st 1st collection. Selling this particular book could help me fill at least one of them.

However the GE of IT is such a gorgeous book and would be hard to let go of for some, probably, musty and certainly not a fine copy of a 1st 1st.

At the end of the day I am probably all talk. I just have issue(s) with selling anything in my SK collection.

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

It's crazy how much that unsigned gift goes for. Plus it's a CD auction so it will go even higher. A smart shopper could get several signed King books for what this one will sell for.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    IT's auctions like these that make me consider being a seller. However, at least for me, I know I would never be in a position to replace the book. I would just have to be happy with my clean 1st 1st.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Slipca...eid=39e7b851b6

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    IT's auctions like these that make me consider being a seller. However, at least for me, I know I would never be in a position to replace the book. I would just have to be happy with my clean 1st 1st.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Slipca...eid=39e7b851b6

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Been without ESPN for 5-6 months now. Didn't miss it at all until today. Totally forgot they play the college football playoffs exclusively on their channel. Kind of bummed that I couldn't watch either of the games.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Well I've already browsed Betts, Ebay, and ABE. Didn't realize how much The Gunslinger cost(s) these days. Seemed not long ago I could score one (good copy probably some lean and DJ issue) for $700+ but it seems they have increased in value.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X