X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

I'm not a Gaiman fan per se but the collaboration with Hill on Locke & Key intrigued me enough to give it a listen. Not sure I'm crazy about it being tied into the whole DC universe.
    I do not know enough to know what the DC universe is.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Take care of yourself and your family. Hopefully they can get power restored soon and no more storms head your way.
    Ditto!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Starting day 3 without power. It's supposed to a hot one today. Little generator has done well keeping fridge/freezer running and interment uses of a small window A/C but now gas is very hard to find. I'm on my last 8-10 hours. Fingers crossed I can score (some gasoline!) today.

Last night internet started working again so that was cool. We re-watched Dinner for Schmucks and a few episodes, for the hundredth time, of The Office. Nice feeling a little normal for 2-3 hours.

Have a good one all.
    Take care of yourself and your family. Hopefully they can get power restored soon and no more storms head your way.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Hope Y'all bounce back soon!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Also this is the first time in the last 3 years that I actually wished I had a true smart phone.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Starting day 3 without power. It's supposed to a hot one today. Little generator has done well keeping fridge/freezer running and interment uses of a small window A/C but now gas is very hard to find. I'm on my last 8-10 hours. Fingers crossed I can score (some gasoline!) today.

Last night internet started working again so that was cool. We re-watched Dinner for Schmucks and a few episodes, for the hundredth time, of The Office. Nice feeling a little normal for 2-3 hours.

Have a good one all.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

Gaiman generally is just OK for me but I hope I enjoy this one.
    I'm not a Gaiman fan per se but the collaboration with Hill on Locke & Key intrigued me enough to give it a listen. Not sure I'm crazy about it being tied into the whole DC universe.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Note self. Check Scalzi's blog more often.
    Same. This morning was the first time I’d visited it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

I'm just barely into it but enjoying it so far.
    Gaiman generally is just OK for me but I hope I enjoy this one.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

That one cost me a credit. I still want to get to it before Pale Battalions GO is released. Two books ahead it at this time so I should be good.
    I'm just barely into it but enjoying it so far.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied

Actually, I believe The Sandman was free with Audible+. I usually use credits so forget what's free and isn't.
    That one cost me a credit. I still want to get to it before Pale Battalions GO is released. Two books ahead it at this time so I should be good.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Hopefully it'll see a print edition soon...the red portions seem to suggest it will:

"Why in audio first? Because, as with The Dispatcher, Audible paid for me to write it (this is why it’s an “Audible Original”), so they get first dibs on it."

It also mentions a third installment:

https://whatever.scalzi.com/2020/08/...-audible-plus/
    Note self. Check Scalzi's blog more often.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Hopefully it'll see a print edition soon...the red portions seem to suggest it will:

"Why in audio first? Because, as with The Dispatcher, Audible paid for me to write it (this is why it’s an “Audible Original”), so they get first dibs on it."

Makes sense if they're the ones writing the checks.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied

I've added a couple of titles as well from there. Although not free, I'm currently listening to The Sandman.
    Actually, I believe The Sandman was free with Audible+. I usually use credits so forget what's free and isn't.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X