Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Congrats!

Thanks — looks like you’re close to that same celebration yourself!
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
      Nice milestone, Ron!

Comment

Random shipping comments. So Wednesday FedEx showed up with a package that was not due until today. I am pretty sure I have have never before received a package from FedEx early. Was very pleasantly surprised.
        On a side note USPS is showing a package on its way to me via media mail that appears to be touring the country. It's original delivery date estimate was Wednesday but late Thursday the estimated delivery switched to unknown. The package started in Pennsylvania and went to New Jersey from there then on to New York before returning to New Jersey. At that point it dropped off the radar before showing up in Denver and is now visiting Seattle. Funny thing is I have no idea what the package is.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
          On a side note USPS is showing a package on its way to me via media mail that appears to be touring the country. It's original delivery date estimate was Wednesday but late Thursday the estimated delivery switched to unknown. The package started in Pennsylvania and went to New Jersey from there then on to New York before returning to New Jersey. At that point it dropped off the radar before showing up in Denver and is now visiting Seattle. Funny thing is I have no idea what the package is.
          That package might be your BJF Patreon shipment if you haven’t already received it with 2 trade paperbacks and a chapbook. I received mine in the past week and it originated in Pennsylvania.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post

That package might be your BJF Patreon shipment if you haven’t already received it with 2 trade paperbacks and a chapbook. I received mine in the past week and it originated in Pennsylvania.
            That is probably it then. Forget he had sent some stuff out and would not expect a Pennsylvania ship point. Thank you! I was very ho hum about its meandering journey to me. Know I really want it to arrive!

Comment

Just listening to music this morning.

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Just listening to music this morning.

Beautiful song, thank you for sharing.

Comment

You are welcome. Music is like poetry sometimes and is certainly open to interpretation by the audience. This song seems to have a direct message and then some underlying meanings dependent on the listener.

On a lighter note she also has a great voice.

Beautiful song, thank you for sharing.

Comment

You are welcome. Music is like poetry sometimes and is certainly open to interpretation by the audience. This song seems to have a direct message and then some underlying meanings dependent on the listener.

On a lighter note she also has a great voice.

For me music brings up a lot of emotion. At this point in my life that is amplified. And yes, she has a fabulous voice. My wife and I were able to see her when she came through Portland on her book tour a few years ago.

Comment

I love the "runaway" package stories. I used to get apoplectic if my package didn't arrive on time. Boy, did I have a lot to learn. It brought patience, welcome or not.
                      Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post

You were correct. I received the mystery package today and it was indeed my Patreon shipment. The package shows the wear of the long journey. I am pretty sure it was scraped along the ground for a while and the corner of the package is torn. The books are pristine, the chapbook is undamaged but the corner of the envelope got crinkled. No damage worthy of needing replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by njhorror View Post
                          I love the "runaway" package stories. I used to get apoplectic if my package didn't arrive on time. Boy, did I have a lot to learn. It brought patience, welcome or not.
                          I have always had abundant patience and the software that allows me to track the purchase has definitely changed how much I know. On a side note the second half of the wayward FedEx shipment left Florida late last week and has made it to Idaho. Supposed to have it on Wednesday and I am more excited about this item than any non-book item I have ever ordered!

Comment

My daughter bought me a very thoughtful, and nice, birthday gift. She gave me a copy of Revival from Letterpress. I didn't have the heart to tell her I already own a copy of it.

Comment

My daughter bought me a very thoughtful, and nice, birthday gift. She gave me a copy of Revival from Letterpress. I didn't have the heart to tell her I already own a copy of it.
                              Still a great and thoughtful gift.

Comment

I have always had abundant patience and the software that allows me to track the purchase has definitely changed how much I know. On a side note the second half of the wayward FedEx shipment left Florida late last week and has made it to Idaho. Supposed to have it on Wednesday and I am more excited about this item than any non-book item I have ever ordered!
                                Well my one FedEx delivery that arrived early was indeed the exception. The package that was due today and was scanned in Idaho on Monday has not been scanned again. FedEx still lists it due for delivery by end of day today but I am confident that I will not see it for at least two more days.
                                Last edited by Martin; 07-02-2020, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X