X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    We are definitely not humid at all. Very, very dry. I miss Washington's humidity (when I went back to Seattle in March, it was so nice - my skin just absorbed the moisture!)

We do get some weird weather - first week of September the temperature swung almost 70 degrees in a 24 hour period (high of 100ish the day before, low of 30 the next day and it snowed.)
    Utah was generally dry but when the humidity hit it was way worse than here.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    We are definitely not humid at all. Very, very dry. I miss Washington's humidity (when I went back to Seattle in March, it was so nice - my skin just absorbed the moisture!)

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am not familiar with Colorado but I expect it is a lot like Utah. Each season feels like the extreme for that season. Often there is an afternoon thunderstorm that rolls through in the summer months and the humid days are killer. I prefer cold and snowy but clouds and rain are fine as well.
    We do get some weird weather - first week of September the temperature swung almost 70 degrees in a 24 hour period (high of 100ish the day before, low of 30 the next day and it snowed.)

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    You might be right - you're hell. Thanks for bringing us along for the ride though, bastard!

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Gloomy days can crush me. One night in December (last year? the year before that? who knows, time means nothing now) I woke up to a severe panic attack. I almost took myself to the ER. I survived the night (I think, unless this is my afterlife and I'm in Hell) and the next day on the radio the weather guy said that we were currently enjoying the longest stretch of consecutive sunless days in Chicagoland history that began in November. It may not have been a contributing factor, but the hopelessness was real. And there's so much more to fear this year. Sunless or not.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    NJ's not too bad. We seem to get enough sunny days to keep me happy, certainly way more than where I grew up in Ireland. Having said that, I really want to move to a high-altitude, sunny climate when we retire. Tahoe is absolute perfection in the summer, but I'm not sure my wife can handle the winter snowfall. Maybe six months in one place and six months in another might work, like the NJ/FL snowbirds. I don't want to move to FL, though...hot, humid, and a bit overpopulated for my tastes.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Gloomy days can crush me. One night in December (last year? the year before that? who knows, time means nothing now) I woke up to a severe panic attack. I almost took myself to the ER. I survived the night (I think, unless this is my afterlife and I'm in Hell) and the next day on the radio the weather guy said that we were currently enjoying the longest stretch of consecutive sunless days in Chicagoland history that began in November. It may not have been a contributing factor, but the hopelessness was real. And there's so much more to fear this year. Sunless or not.
    Had a relative who experienced depression every winter living in the North West. Moved to a desert climate and she no longer has that issue. Of course she now has Monsoons, Dust storms and more days over 100 than under, but she likes it better than 4 months of clouds. I greatly prefer the clouds. Even hoping to get to the beach for a storm this year, probably January. Storms on the Oregon coast are my happy place.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Colorado seems to have more defined seasons than Washington, and while we do have something like 300 days of sunshine a year here, I do miss the grey and gloom from Washington. Some say I'm strange; I'm okay with that.
    I am not familiar with Colorado but I expect it is a lot like Utah. Each season feels like the extreme for that season. Often there is an afternoon thunderstorm that rolls through in the summer months and the humid days are killer. I prefer cold and snowy but clouds and rain are fine as well.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Woohoo — my bike gets a reprieve from its inevitable winter hibernation!
    Enjoy it, I would not be surprised it it is the last time we see the 80's until spring. Of course these days you never know.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Colorado seems to have more defined seasons than Washington, and while we do have something like 300 days of sunshine a year here, I do miss the grey and gloom from Washington. Some say I'm strange; I'm okay with that.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I love gloomy days. They bum the wife out, but I think they’re great. Granted we don’t get a bunch of them where I’m at in California. We mostly just get the heat.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Spent the first 19 years of my life in NW PA. Enjoyed the weather and seasons. Of course I may feel differently now being 20+years removed from it.

There was always something special about fall and spring. Of course, as you said, they are short lived.

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post

Here in the Northeast in upstate New York we have 2 seasons as well. Winter and the 4th of July.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Twenty years in Florida. Hate it. Two seasons. Hot as hell and dead.

That is it. However no state income tax...I guess is a bonus.

Here in the Northeast in upstate New York we have 2 seasons as well. Winter and the 4th of July.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

I am loving the cool and wet weather but unfortunately we are supposed to be back in the 80's next week. I am so ready for fall/winter.
    Woohoo — my bike gets a reprieve from its inevitable winter hibernation!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by saginawhorror View Post
    Only 4 issues left and I have a complete set of Cemetery Dance magazine. I got issue 1 in the mail today. Bad thing is all 4 are in the first 10. One day.
    I could have hooked you up several years ago when I sold all mine.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Twenty years in Florida. Hate it. Two seasons. Hot as hell and dead.

That is it. However no state income tax...I guess is a bonus.

I live in Washington which also has no state income tax. My office is in Oregon so unfortunately I normally pay a 9% income tax. This year I am working from home. My employer continues to deduct Oregon taxes but I will get them back next year when I file. I actually started working from home in January so I will only be paying taxes for a few days. I am going to have a shocking refund next year!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X