Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Staad
    replied
    It's never late to join this awesome little group.

Originally posted by Boggle Champion View Post
    Damn, sounds like I showed up a bit late to the party...

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

We are the crew on the Ancient Mariner's ship.
    As long as it's not the Titanic or the Mary Celeste

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Add to that the fact that this entire forum was a labor of love from Dan Hocker who is no longer with CD. He and Brian kept it running with Mindy and Richard choosing to stay clear of it. Their decision is not an issue for me but once Mr. Hocker and Brian departed Dan Franklin and Kevin Lucia came in here and occasionally responding to questions. More often than not questions on here sit without a response. I believe this site was never desired or supported by Mr. Chizmar and once Dan and Brian left it has felt like a rudderless ship. Just my opinion, with no facts to back it up, but I am actually surprised it is still up.
    We are the crew on the Ancient Mariner's ship.

Leave a comment:

• Boggle Champion
    replied
    Damn, sounds like I showed up a bit late to the party...

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Yeah, forum traffic has dropped off a lot over the years.

As for the book contracts being cancelled, one reason, according to an FB poster, was that too many contracts had been signed.
    The lead time to publish everything would have left authors with rights tied up and books remaining unpublished, and we know what CD's lead times are like!

Another positive is seeing that the SK-signed CD magazines will be given away, not, as I expected, sold for four-figure sums.

I haven't cancelled any orders yet. I'm still hopeful that we'll see The Stand and Pet Semetary.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Everyone pretty much summed up my thoughts on the topic. I hope it sticks around and we keep this little community going but I wouldn't 100% be surprised if it just isn't accessible one day.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    I’d hate to see this forum vanish, but I’m also a bit surprised it steadily remains, year after year. Especially with the aforementioned personnel changes, these boards can’t have any whiff of priority. Nor should they — CD’s a publishing house, everything else is peripheral. Just glad that either by generosity or simply being totally off their radar, the boards continue to be hosted and paid for.

I hadn’t heard about the book-contract cancellations. That is worrisome, but I suppose not a surprise to anyone. Hopefully it’s illustrative of CD getting more focused on a more manageable list of projects and doesn’t portend worse things to come.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

A little bit.

Sticking to facts and not feelings.

It's no secret that CD has had, let's say some issues, publishing product that they've collected money from buyers YEARS ago. I just had a pre-order arrive from over six years ago, and that's not the longest time between order and receipt other collectors have experienced. Meanwhile, other boutique publishers don't have their orders languish for years like this.

This week, CD just cancelled a number of publishing contracts with authors. I don't know the exact reasons, just hyperbole.

Feelings time.

Where there's smoke there's fire.
    Add to that the fact that this entire forum was a labor of love from Dan Hocker who is no longer with CD. He and Brian kept it running with Mindy and Richard choosing to stay clear of it. Their decision is not an issue for me but once Mr. Hocker and Brian departed Dan Franklin and Kevin Lucia came in here and occasionally responding to questions. More often than not questions on here sit without a response. I believe this site was never desired or supported by Mr. Chizmar and once Dan and Brian left it has felt like a rudderless ship. Just my opinion, with no facts to back it up, but I am actually surprised it is still up.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
     Thanks for the info, TD.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I like this community . . . $15/month to have a cloud hosted version of vBulletin with fairly limited traffic. Or $180 and I self-host it.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Anyone wondering when this forum will disappear from the site?
    A little bit.

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

Â Why are you wondering that, if I may ask?
    Sticking to facts and not feelings.

It's no secret that CD has had, let's say some issues, publishing product that they've collected money from buyers YEARS ago. I just had a pre-order arrive from over six years ago, and that's not the longest time between order and receipt other collectors have experienced. Meanwhile, other boutique publishers don't have their orders languish for years like this.

This week, CD just cancelled a number of publishing contracts with authors. I don't know the exact reasons, just hyperbole.

Feelings time.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

Leave a comment:

• dannyboy121070
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
     Why are you wondering that, if I may ask?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• saginawhorror
    replied
    I have a signed copy of the first night visions but that's it.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    My collecting goal is to one of these days upgrade my full run of Dark Harvest’s trade HCs of the NIGHT VISIONS series to their signed & numbered editions. Someday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X