No announcement yet.

Tasty Libation Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently we had a conversation on some thread about candy. Brian861 still has not dropped by to take my unopened Halloween candy, it is still for you! During that conversation I mentioned Moonstruck's Local Distillers truffles. While out last Friday I decided to treat myself to a box. The box contains 9 different truffles. These truffles are works of art. I will eat no more than one a day and will begin tonight,

Tonight will be the Clear Creek Distillery Oregon Pear Brandy Truffle.
    Clear Creek Oregon Pear Brandy.JPG

Comment

"Clear Creek Distillery Oregon Pear Brandy Truffle" -- that sounds glorious. I may just have to order myself a box of these Local Distillers truffles.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
        "Clear Creek Distillery Oregon Pear Brandy Truffle" -- that sounds glorious. I may just have to order myself a box of these Local Distillers truffles.
        So this is the first time I have purchased a box of assorted truffles. In the past I would always chose one or two so I will be trying several flavors I have not tried before.

My review of the Clear Creek Distillery Oregon Pear Brandy Truffle: The initial bite is fantastic, creamy truffle with the flavor of pear brandy. Then the alcohol hits and it is a bit too strong and overpowers the flavor. Once the alcohol burn subsides it is delicious again. I give this one a 4 out of 5.

Tonight I will try the "New Deal Distillery Ginger Liqueur Truffle"
        New Deal Ginger Liquer.JPG

Comment

I’m not typically a fan of ginger, but I bet it’s going to be tasty.

Comment

I like ginger as an accent flavor. It is real easy to overwhelm the flavor with ginger. Hopefully this one will be subtle.

Comment

My review of the New Deal Distillery Ginger Liqueur Truffle: The Ginger flavor was noticeable but not overpowering. Any stronger and it would have been unpleasant. The alcohol did not overpower the flavors this time either. If I liked ginger more this would have been a home run. I give a 4 out of 5.

Tonight I will try the New Deal Coffee Liqueur:
              New Deal Coffee Liquer.JPG

Comment

egg NOG Mcgog!!!!!
                Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Curious about that absinthe you have upcoming:

Featuring spirits from Oregon's finest craft distillers, these truffles are as complex in flavor as they are visually striking: Bull Run Distilling Company® Temperance Trader Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Rogue Ales® Dead Guy Whiskey, Clear Creek Distillery® Oregon Pear Brandy, Rose City Distilling® Marionberry Vodka, Oregon Spirit Distillers® Wild Card Absinthe, New Deal Distillery® Ginger Liqueur, Clear Creek Distillery® Oregon Apple Brandy, New Deal Distillery® Coffee Liqueur and Glaser Distillery® Limoncello.

Comment

Curious about that absinthe you have upcoming:

Featuring spirits from Oregon's finest craft distillers, these truffles are as complex in flavor as they are visually striking: Bull Run Distilling Company® Temperance Trader Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Rogue Ales® Dead Guy Whiskey, Clear Creek Distillery® Oregon Pear Brandy, Rose City Distilling® Marionberry Vodka, Oregon Spirit Distillers® Wild Card Absinthe, New Deal Distillery® Ginger Liqueur, Clear Creek Distillery® Oregon Apple Brandy, New Deal Distillery® Coffee Liqueur and Glaser Distillery® Limoncello.
                    So am I.

Comment

Thank you Martin. I've been enjoying your comments. We have a local wine and truffle bar that pairs 4 truffles with 4 wine samples. Its an amazing journey, not only in flavors, but in the artwork of each truffle.

Mulleins
                      I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
                        Thank you Martin. I've been enjoying your comments. We have a local wine and truffle bar that pairs 4 truffles with 4 wine samples. Its an amazing journey, not only in flavors, but in the artwork of each truffle.

Mulleins
                        Thank you sir, I have been having fun trying one a day and really thinking about what it tastes like. Maryhill Winery in the Columbia gorge used to sell a premium dark chocolate ball that was filled with one of there reserve red wines. Can't recall if it was Cabernet Sauvignon or Syrah but it was probably the best chocolate wine combo I have ever had. I really wish they still made those. Local wines paired with truffles sounds fantastic!

My review of the the New Deal Coffee Liqueur: So this one hit on all cylinders. The coffee liqueur was delicious but subtle and blended perfectly with the chocolate. This one is a 5 out of 5.

So tonight I will try the Oregon Spirit Distillers Wild Card Absinthe: (This one intrigues me the most from this box.)
                        Oregon Spirit Absinthe.JPG

Comment

Haven't been in the mood for chocolates so I have taken a few days off.

Back at it,
                          My review of the Oregon Spirit Distillers Wild Card Absinthe. I have never tasted absinthe before so I had no idea what to expect. If I had not known the liquor in this I would have guessed Ouzo. The initial flavor you get is licorice. It starts very pleasant with the light licorice truffle flavor and then you get the alcohol. It is not overwhelming and provides a subtle flavor. It then finishes with a flavor I am not able to describe. Without that strange trailing flavor this would be a great truffle. With that it remains good but not one I would buy on its own. 3 of 5 stars.

Next up will be the Clear Creek Distillery Oregon Apple Brandy:
                          Clear Creek Oregon Apple Brandy.JPG

Comment

My review of Creek Distillery Oregon Apple Brandy. I had high hopes for this one but it fell short. The initial flavor was good but without even a hint of apple. Then the alcohol kicks in it but too strong. Overall 3 out of 5 stars.

Next up will be one I have already had. Rogue Distillery Dead Guy Whiskey:
                            Rogue Dead Guy Whiskey.JPG

Comment

Every one may not be a taste-winner, but they’re all gorgeous little works of chocolate art. Hope the apple brandy brings the flavor back...

EDIT: Oops, I meant the Dead Guy Whiskey...
                              Last edited by RonClinton; 01-02-2021, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Every one may not be a taste-winner, but they’re all gorgeous little works of chocolate art. Hope the apple brandy brings the flavor back...
                                They are definitely chocolate art!

Comment

Working...
                                X