Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am ashamed to say that I have not yet read......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merlin1958
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Dracula by Bram Stoker
    Different Seasons by Stephen King
    The Foundation Trilogy by Asimov

So, what have you been meaning to read for a long time, but just haven't gotten to yet? You don't need to be "100%" ashamed, I will settle for mild embarrassment!!!
    No offense, but dude you need to start reading!!!! Those are some "classic" titles you will never forget!!!

Reading is fundamental!!!!!

Take it from "Gramps"!!! I speak the truth!!! LOL

Oh, and add "The Magic of Xanth" by Piers Anthony, "The Exorcist" by William Peter Blatty, "The Shining" by Stephen King and "Ghost Story" by Peter Straub. Not to mention (which you didn't) "The Lord of the Rings" by J.R.R. Tolkien!!!!
    Last edited by Merlin1958; 04-01-2012, 05:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    S'all good, however; I'm still giving Xiabei Rep Points for a brilliant analysis on how he/she sees the question

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I dont agree. Just because your ashamed you haven't read something doesn't mean you think you SHOULD read it. The ones I picked are ones I REALLY wanna read but ya can't read em all at once.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    But in a good way, I think

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    You put WAY to much thought into this question.

Leave a comment:

• Xiabei
    replied
    Nothing. I don't do the "I should read this book" thing. If I can't say "I want to read this book", then I probably won't, regardless of how many people like it or consider it a "classic". I read many different types of books, but if I start one and it isn't doing anything for me, I stop reading.

But as far as there being many books I haven't read yet that I'd like to, sure, there's a ton, but I don't feel ashamed about that because that implies that you're applying someone else's standards of what's "proper" to your own behavior. And that I don't do.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I got my paperback copies through amazon when The Woman was announced.

Leave a comment:

• tweetygirl0606
    replied
    Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Thanks for the tip. When this was announced I had no idea it was something following another book (or 2 books as the case is), but had heard somewhere that it followed these books. Good to hear for sure that it is so I don't read it right away when the CD edition ships, unless I get Offspring and read that and Off Season by then
    Same here. I didn't know that there were 2 other books before The Woman. And I just finished reading The Woman, too!! Even though I didn't read the first 2, I still loved it, though. I just have to save my pennies for Off Season and Offspring.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Nah Scott, didn't really think Teri and you were the same person, it's just that Teri sounded a lot like you (in a good way) when she first came on board, just used far fewer words

Leave a comment:

• Tasmaniac
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    It was released in the same book as Friday night in Beast house that leisure put out a couple years ago.Before all the nonsence started to come out over there.
    Thank you, Bookworm 1!

Gonna track that sucker down!

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    I'm still alive if anyones wondering. But I'm glad to finally know who Scott is.

Leave a comment:

• theenormityofitall
    replied
    Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
    Ah, that's one of the Questions of the Ages answered for (some of) us - Scott & Teri aren't the same person
    Did ya really think I was Grant? I've invented a couple dozen characters on various forums I'm involved with but not here. I like fooling around but not when it concerns books! I'm deadly serious about those.....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Ah, that's one of the Questions of the Ages answered for (some of) us - Scott & Teri aren't the same person

Leave a comment:

• srboone
    replied
    But death could be waiting for at home! Your bf's (I'm learning the lingo!) DVD's might know you've harbored evil thoughts about them!

Leave a comment:

• Teriw
    replied
    Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
    LOL I wish I could say I'd be around long after him. I'm not as old as he is (I'm 45) but ya never know what life could bring ya (death at any moment!).
    Thats why I am crossing my fingers. I could just as easily die driving home from work in 25 minutes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X