X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by brlesh View Post

Yeah, finished The Lake of the Dead this morning.

My initial impressions held throughout.

Was it a great book - not in my opinion.

However, it was a fast paced, entertaining read, with a kind of Scooby Doo-ish ending (the story itself is less than 190 pages).

If you are looking for a few nights of light, literary entertainment you could certainly do worse than The Lake of the Dead.

B
    Thanks for the update. Sounds like a title well worth reading…but maybe not worth rushing to do so. I’ll just keep it on my Want List for now, then.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it…I’ve been curious about this one.
    Yeah, finished The Lake of the Dead this morning.

My initial impressions held throughout.

Was it a great book - not in my opinion.

However, it was a fast paced, entertaining read, with a kind of Scooby Doo-ish ending (the story itself is less than 190 pages).

If you are looking for a few nights of light, literary entertainment you could certainly do worse than The Lake of the Dead.

B

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by brlesh View Post
    About 2/3 of the way through The Lake of the Dead by Andre Bjerke and liking it so far.

A fast paced murder mystery tinged with the supernatural.

B
    Glad to hear you’re enjoying it…I’ve been curious about this one.

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    About 2/3 of the way through The Lake of the Dead by Andre Bjerke and liking it so far.

A fast paced murder mystery tinged with the supernatural.

B

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Struggling to stay engaged and get through my current read, Blake Crouch’s new one, UPGRADE. I never thought I’d ever be bored and disappointed by a Crouch novel, but I suppose there’s a first for everything. A little shy of halfway, and it’s taken me the better part of a week…hoping this isn’t going to be a DNF. Can’t believe I’m even saying that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X