X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    That is unfortunate. The 'inspired by The Postman Always Rings Twice' intrigued me.
    It got better after that post; I should’ve waited until I finished it before passing judgment. I made that post at around the 3/4 and almost stopped, ready to call it a DNF (Did Not Finish). But I pushed through and it ended rather strong. My take on it, in thirds: The first third is a 9, the second third a 5, and the last third a 7. That makes it an average of 7...recommended, but not the fantastic read I was thinking it’d be.

And, yeah, the Cain’ian POSTMAN allusion is what drew me to it as well...in that regard, it generally delivers, though the strength of the character and her motivations is actually closer to MILDRED PIERCE.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    ...aaannd no, it’s not, unfortunately. Especially disappointing when a book starts off so strong.
    That is unfortunate. The 'inspired by The Postman Always Rings Twice' intrigued me.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Started Laura Lippman’s SUNBURN, and at just 40 pages in, I’m already about prepared to call it the best book I’ve read in a half-year. Hopefully it continues to impress.
    ...aaannd no, it’s not, unfortunately. Especially disappointing when a book starts off so strong.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
    That's too funny! Not the hugest of wine drinkers, but, I might have to snag a bottle to take to his next signing.
    It is actually a really good table wine. I have only been to the winery once and the dog was not around.

Leave a comment:

• sholloman81
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Three Legged Dog is also a pretty damn good wine!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21861[/ATTACH]
    That's too funny! Not the hugest of wine drinkers, but, I might have to snag a bottle to take to his next signing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X