X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
    I just finished The Warehouse, by Rob Hart. This one was recommended by Stephen King.

While not a horror novel, it certainly read like one in some respects. I'd say it's a much more serious treatment of Bentley Little's The Store (sorry, Jeff), and I would recommend it.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=the+wareh...b_sb_ss_i_5_13
    That one was on my radar when the hype was active for it...my interest in it kind of cooled when the hype cooled. Probably should give it a second look.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    I just finished The Warehouse, by Rob Hart. This one was recommended by Stephen King.

While not a horror novel, it certainly read like one in some respects. I'd say it's a much more serious treatment of Bentley Little's The Store (sorry, Jeff), and I would recommend it.

I believe that I got an ARC of that last year’s ECCC. Autographed too. Nothing quite like getting a book signed by the author and saying “I’ve never heard of you or the book but could you sign it?” (I may not have said those exact words.)

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jargendeli
    replied
    I enjoyed the latter half of THE TWISTED ONES. First half did not engage me but it definitely picked up. Currently reading THE EYES OF THE BEAST ( Aka ADVENTURELAND) by Steve Harris.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I'm reading The Twisted Ones, which is nicely creepy so far. I'm over half way, and finding it hard to put down.

https://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Ones-...9997711&sr=8-1
    This one sounds right up my alley! Thanks for the mention, I think I will give this one a go.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    I'm reading The Twisted Ones, which is nicely creepy so far. I'm over half way, and finding it hard to put down.

https://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Ones-...9997711&sr=8-1

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I liked Rose Madder. Under the Dome and Tommyknockers are the 2 books I didn't like.

Right now I'm reading Scars of the Broken by Ryan C. Thomas.
    Tommyknockers is pretty low on my list also.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I liked Rose Madder. Under the Dome and Tommyknockers are the 2 books I didn't like.

Right now I'm reading Scars of the Broken by Ryan C. Thomas.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
    Is Rose Madder generally unliked among the fanhood? I don't remember much about it, but I remember thinking it was, while not a classic, at least a decently enjoyable story.

...and I think it contained the great phrase "his outraged balls."
    I actually think it generally falls into the middle of the road. Not bad/Not a Classic. For me, it was the only King novel I really struggled to finish. Once I had finished, I wished that I hadn't.

Leave a comment:

• St. Troy
    replied
    Is Rose Madder generally unliked among the fanhood? I don't remember much about it, but I remember thinking it was, while not a classic, at least a decently enjoyable story.

...and I think it contained the great phrase "his outraged balls."

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I have said this before but I love how art is subjective. I think Revival is right up there with some of the better SK books. Now LP needs to land, and publish, a gorgeous edition of Duma Key. I would settle for 11/22/63 but that is one of the few books I have signed by SK so a fancy edition isn't as needful for me.
    I would love a nice edition of 11/22/63!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I thought he was talking about Under the Dome.
    Under The Dome is a good book until the end. Unfortunately the end is bad enough to taint the entire experience. Rose Madder sucks from the opening bell.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I have said this before but I love how art is subjective. I think Revival is right up there with some of the better SK books. Now LP needs to land, and publish, a gorgeous edition of Duma Key. I would settle for 11/22/63 but that is one of the few books I have signed by SK so a fancy edition isn't as needful for me.
    I'd love an LP edition of Duma Key!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Revival is the worst King book that I read and finished. Rose Madder is the only King book that I didn't finish.

But I plan on rereading both at some point to see if I've maybe been too harsh or grumpy. My reread of Revival is, of course, spurred on by BJF's gorgeous new edition.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I thought he was talking about Under the Dome.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    So, you haven't read Rose Madder?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X