• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Seasons: Fall from Innocence: The Body

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
      Different Seasons: Fall from Innocence: The Body
      That is an awesome story within an awesome book!!!

Different Seasons is one of my all time favourite Stephen King books. I just wish that CD would produce a super deluxe edition for it.
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

Growing up, I read The Body and watched Stand by Me all the time. It's still one of my favorite movies. "Lard ass, lard ass..."

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
          Growing up, I read The Body and watched Stand by Me all the time. It's still one of my favorite movies. "Lard ass, lard ass..."
          My favourite bit is the "Chopper sic balls" scene, where 'Chopper' turns out to be a small golden retriever instead of something like Cujo. Pure class!!!
          "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
          - Stephen King

Comment

The Bighead. Wacked out like most of his stuff. Also Brain Salad Surgery. A great short story collection and I love the Infernal books. Soon I will be reading the Header books which consist of Header ,Creekers and Header 2. I think I might do a Edward Lee a month goal for 2014. That or Ray Garton .
            Originally posted by Theli View Post
            Ha, yeah, thanks. The pre-op transexual scene near the beginning was pretty gross, but I soldiered forth. Though I do wonder what sick things this book has in store for me. I am beginning to get into the writing style, once I pick it up it is hard to put back down. If not this book, what is a good Ed Lee to start with?

Comment

Just finished this ranking of King's books. Sure to cause some debate among (constant) readers. I can't make a complete ranking of all of them because I've not read them all but I agree with some of their opinions but not all. To each their own, as they say.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/ranki...ing-books.html

Comment

I made a run to B&N last week and picked up Bad Seeds. I finished it last night and it was a good read. While it has a great collection of stories, the two that really stood out for me are The Horse Lord by Lisa Tuttle and my absolute favorite, Yellowjacket Summer by Robert R. McCammon. Blue Rose by Straub was good, but sad, and also the longest short in the book. I'll be reading it again some time down the road.

Comment

Finished NOS4A2. I really enjoyed it. The Subpress edition is beautiful. I'm one of those people who loves to read S/L's, but this one was heavy!! It's just as well... I need to get used to that since Dr. Sleep should be arriving soon!! But, what to read in the meantime....

Comment

I am glad I read the trade before receiving the limited. I have read the additional material in the limited but it is to large to read the whole story.
                    Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
                    Finished NOS4A2. I really enjoyed it. The Subpress edition is beautiful. I'm one of those people who loves to read S/L's, but this one was heavy!! It's just as well... I need to get used to that since Dr. Sleep should be arriving soon!! But, what to read in the meantime....

Comment

Finished The Novellas by Kealan Patrick Burke. This was one heck of a collection. "You In?" and "Seldom Seen in August" were good and recommended, but my two favorites were "The Tent" and "Midlisters". I was surprised by "Midlisters" because from the description, it was the one story that I wasn't as excited about, but once I started it, I just couldn't put it down. After reading this and Kin, Mr. Burke has now been placed on my "Must Read" list. I can't wait to read more. Good thing I already have Stage Whispers on my shelf and Theater Macabre pre-ordered!

Comment

Finished The Last Dark. Everything I'd hoped it would be, but as Dan noted, the final book of a series always leaves you wanting more. I'll turn my attention now to finishing The Century's Best Horror Ficition, vol.1 (I stopped after 1926) before year's end.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Today marks the 50th Anniversary of President Kennedy's tragic assassination, so I have started to read 11/22/63 by Stephen King.

Stephen King.jpg
                          - Stephen King

Comment

Finished Speaks the Nightbird yesterday, and I loved it. McCammon is a hell of a writer.

Comment

The Straw Men by Michael Marshall was a fantastic read. I couldn't put this book down. The ending couldn't quite live up to everything that went before, but considering that this is the first book in a trilogy the faults could be easily forgiven. Also, Marshall chooses to alternate between first person, third person subjective and third person omniscient as the POV throughout the book, which can be slightly jarring even when those changes are taking place at chapter breaks. After a bit, I grew accustomed to it, but I can see why people could be turned off due to it. Great thriller and I can't wait to track down the other two books in the series.

Comment

On to The Dark Tower, last book and heavy as a brick.

Comment

Working...
                                X