No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the book look very different than the basic hardcover?

Comment

I REALLY hope that SubPress gets permission to do an edition of the first two at some point. It's a great series so far and I'd love to have a uniform set. The trade edition of Queen of Bedlam had this "pulpy" paper. One of the cheapest trade editions I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Highbury View Post
        Does the book look very different than the basic hardcover?
        It does say it is a slipcased edition, so it's not just a trade with a tipped in limitation page.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
          It does say it is a slipcased edition, so it's not just a trade with a tipped in limitation page.
          No dust jacket, black leather-bound with gold lettering on the spine and front, simple slipcase with no writing, limitation page and a small color illustration on the front and similar illustrations on the pages where the chapters begin, it's a nice edition but very big

Comment

VJ books has signed copies of the trade which are 50% off at the moment.

http://www.vjbooks.com/McCammon-Robe.../mccspea01.htm

EDIT: The sale is over.
            Last edited by Joe315; 10-31-2013, 11:01 PM.

Comment

VJ books has signed copies of the trade which are 50% off at the moment.

http://www.vjbooks.com/McCammon-Robe.../mccspea01.htm
              so they are usual $80? One more post and you'll hit 1000!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                What happens when you hit 1000? I got a promo code when I hit 200.
                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                  The sale must have ended. They were $20 with the discount.

1000!!

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                    What happens when you hit 1000? I got a promo code when I hit 200.
                    Nothing!! I don't think there is a code for 1000. Haven't had one in a while actually.

Comment

Nothing!! I don't think there is a code for 1000. Haven't had one in a while actually.
                      Well, that sucks.
                      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                      - Stephen King

Comment

They figure if you've been around that long, you don't need a code to stick around longer. I can't remember the last one I got!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I can't believe I am over 1100, in just over a year even.

Comment

Reading NOS4A2. Really liking it so far.

Comment

My current reading list:
                              The Heartshaped Box
                              Gideon's Sword
                              The Hobbit
                              The Best of Poe
                              Just finished Doctor Sleep and Blue November Storms
                              It all depends on what mood I'm in and where I am at the time. Sooooo many books, sooooo little time.
                              I have also just started The U.S Constitution with my grandkids (I have to come back to reality sometime )
                              " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
                              - Cicero

Comment

Just finished Addicted to the Dead by Shane McKenzie. It was interesting, but no matter what I do, I just can't get it up for zombies. I'll be starting on Camp Stalag tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X