No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson Started reading this over lunch today. It's been 13 years since I started reading this series and 23 years since book 1 came out, and now the last book is finally here. 38 pages in and it's already shaping up to be just as good if not better than everything else in the series.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Reading The Innswich Horror by Edward Lee.

Joe Golem and the Drowning City was enjoyable. Didn't make me want to search out any on Mignola's graphic novels (I can hear the collective groan from the comic collectors out there in CD Cyberspace), but it was an entertaining rollercoaster ride.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post

Joe Golem and the Drowning City was enjoyable. Didn't make me want to search out any on Mignola's graphic novels (I can hear the collective groan from the comic collectors out there in CD Cyberspace), but it was an entertaining rollercoaster ride.
        Ehh it's hit or miss really. I'm mostly a huge fan of his artwork more than anything. Well aside from Hellboy and the comic he created in the same world. Though I can't say that I've actually read anything outside of that. I hear his "Baltimore" series is pretty good though.

Instagram

Comment

I loved The Innswich Horror!

Comment

My dog is making it hard to concentrate. 90 lbs and he wants to jump into my lap! Puppies.....
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Watched HITCHCOCK this week so I'm on a Robert Bloch kick. Re-read PSYCHO the other day, now onto PSYCHO II which I don't actually remember ever finishing.
              Jonathan Reitan
              Founder - Northwest Horror Professionals

Comment

Starting Cemetery Dance by Preston/Child. The 9th Pendergast book. Not a bad one yet!

Comment

Slippin' in to Darkness by Norman Partridge; not bad so far.

Loved The Innswich Horror. Must get my hands on other Lovecraftian books by Lee.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

The Innswich Horror - This sounded good from the reviews I read. It's something I would get my hands in the future.

I am still slowly picking away at The Bourne Identity - weekend was virtually a write off as far as reading goes.

Comment

Well I finished A Memory of Light and I'd say it's the new best in the series. It pretty much leaves you on the edge of your seat through the entire book. Not one dull moment. I have little to no sleep today, but it was completely worth it. I am already planning an entire reread of the whole series, though I will probably wait a couple months till the details fade from memory a bit.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        Well I finished A Memory of Light and I'd say it's the new best in the series. It pretty much leaves you on the edge of your seat through the entire book. Not one dull moment. I have little to no sleep today, but it was completely worth it. I am already planning an entire reread of the whole series, though I will probably wait a couple months till the details fade from memory a bit.
                        Yeah, I was watching you burn through the book last night (based on your updates) while I was at work last night. Hope you didn't hurt yourself! That speed wouldn't be legal on the streets!
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yeah, I was watching you burn through the book last night (based on your updates) while I was at work last night. Hope you didn't hurt yourself! That speed wouldn't be legal on the streets!
                          Yea I'm a pretty quick reader. Though truthfully I probably spent about 20 hours reading it across 3 days.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                            Yea I'm a pretty quick reader. Though truthfully I probably spent about 20 hours reading it across 3 days.
                            I'd be lucky if I could finish it in three weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              I'd be lucky if I could finish it in three weeks.
                              I think I if I remember correctly, just before book 12 came out I read 1-11 in about 2.5 months. Granted there was a lot of skimming over boring parts involved, and I probably only read about 30% of book 10 as that one is pretty worthless.

Edit: Along the same lines, if I remember correctly, when the last Harry Potter book came out I'm pretty sure I read the whole thing in a day.

Instagram

Comment

Damn, I wish I read that fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X