What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
    Finished Legacies. Catching up on a few of the recent CD magazines before I decide what to read next.
    What Legacies, if you don't mind me asking?
    "now youes can't leave"
    A Bronx Tale
    directed by Robert De Niro.

Comment

I just started Dean Koontz's Frankenstein. Only 80 pages in seems ok so far.
      "now youes can't leave"
      A Bronx Tale

Comment

I think this is it, sabrina:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar03
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Bentley Little always provides balls-to-the-wall horror. I'm ending 2012 on a positive note. The Revelation was fast-paced, gruesome, provactive horror. The ending seemed a bit of a letdown, but with religious-themed horror, it's hard to get away from a ritualized climax. I think I'll spend the rest of the night reading part 2 of In the Tall Grass and that King story in Harper's--can't recall the title right now.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            That looks like an interesting read.
            "now youes can't leave"
            A Bronx Tale

Comment

Both King stories were enjoyable and a great way to ring in the New Year. Particularly enjoyed "Batman and Robin have an Altercation." More than Midnight will be next.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

More than Midnightwas a very good collection. Dipping into the PS grabbag books I got in 2012 and am now reading Shrike by Quentin S. Crisp.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

After spending New Years Eve at Ceasar's Windsor - didn't win of course..... watched Hot Tub Time Machine....took yesterday as 2 days of no reading. Starting off 2013 with The Bourne Identity.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                    Yes, that's the one.

Comment

Shrike was very, very good, but it's not for everybody. It's an homage to the Japanese I-novel (a confessional of the author written in the first person, even though this one is told in the third person--as if he is detached from what he relates); not a lot happens in the novel, most of the novel is spent in contemplation. The main character is an unsuccessful author and has recently ended an unsuccessful relationship and he's traveled back to Japan to visit the family that hosted him during a student exchange program from college to reassess his life. A novel of psychological horror, it is definitely worth your time if you like challenging literature.

Time to dig into the Forum Member's GB with The Cleansing by Shane Ryan Staley. Should keep me occupied til The Circle gets here tommorrow.
                      Last edited by srboone; 01-02-2013, 10:02 PM.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Ok I did not put down Under the Dome. 773 pgs into it.It is better as it goes along but I think the sci fy elements might turn this into Tommyknockers 2.I hope I am wrong.I hope to finish by Saturday.Way to cold to do anyout door stuff the next few days. But weekend looks great.

Comment

I hope you enjoy it, for me it was in the same class as Tommyknockers.
                          Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Ok I did not put down Under the Dome. 773 pgs into it.It is better as it goes along but I think the sci fy elements might turn this into Tommyknockers 2.I hope I am wrong.I hope to finish by Saturday.Way to cold to do anyout door stuff the next few days. But weekend looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                            It doesn't. Theres not much of it at all actually. Its also kind of interesting they way did the whole alien thing.

Comment

I dont think I posted what I'm currently reading though. 11/22/63 now. LOVED FDNS!!!!!! Big Driver in Particular.

Comment

"The Summoner" by Gail Z. Martin. I am quite pleased with it. Over 600 pages and I'm almost done; I picked up the next three books today from the library. Definitely worth owning once I can buy books again. The story moves surprisingly quickly for its size. I'll have to add her to my "favorite fantasy authors" list. (it's only in my head, but it's still a list)

edit: now on the second book, "The Blood King."
                                Last edited by Xiabei; 01-05-2013, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X