No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read More Than Midnight by Brian James Freeman. Nice group of stories. My only complaint would be that it could have contained a few more stories. I will probably read The Fleshless Man by Norm Prentiss next.

Comment

Currently reading Horns. Not bad, but it's taking me a little while to get through.
      "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

The Fleshless Man sounds like a real good read. I wouldn't mind to get my hands on that one. I am half way thru Night Shift. I'm finding the short stories are easy to read and will be through this book quickly. What's next..... who knows! I have like 5 King books and about 4 or 5 Koontz to read still.

Comment

Finished Agenda 21--written more as a young adult novel (much like Pure). Starts out ho-hum, been-there-read-that, yeah-i-got-it-soylent-green-is-people, and becomes a quite moving testement to motherhood. But it ends just as it starts to take off (just like The Overton Window did.)

A funny note: one of the editors that Harriet Parke thanks has written an amusing piece for Salon.com; in it she says she blames Glenn Beck for subverting the book she worked tirelessly on into right-wing propoganda by putting his name on it. Harriet Parke is the ghostwiter of the book, Beck the big name used to sell it. Apparently, Parke works for Beck and didn't have a problem with it. No matter what side of the aisle you're on, nor your feelings about "ghostwriters", you must admit that the editor's anger is misplaced. She wasn't duped by Beck, but by Parke--and not really even by Parke. Just another whinny blogger whose parents didn't love her enough--maybe they took her cell phone from her for a day and she couldn't join her friends in a text bitch-session. Who knows?

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/19/i_go...by_glenn_beck/

Anyway, I think one of those Pronzini ARCs CD sent me is calling my name...
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Read Kinsmen. Not really my kinda book, but not a bad read. Didn't find anything to distinguish it from other pulp detective novels I've read over the years. About a 90 minute read. Which means I can probably fit Femme in to my schedule today. I do need to get through Duma Key by year's end, so that'll be coming up soon.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

FInished Femme. Enjoyed it more than Kinsman, but still nothing special. The final reveal was weak compared to how it had been built up. Don't know what'll be next...
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Anyone read the Wool omnibus series at all? It's been catching my attention, but considering I don't own it, and my TBR is ever expanding, it will be down that list for a while.

Comment

I own but haven't read it yet. Heard only good things and if the amazon reviews are to be believed its should be a great read.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe315 View Post
                    I own but haven't read it yet. Heard only good things and if the amazon reviews are to be believed its should be a great read.
                    The Amazon reviews are where I found out about it. Sounds really good.

Comment

Had never heard of Wool before now. Looks interesting.

Started The Loveliest Dead by ray Garton. Aside from a few short stories, this will be the first Garton I've read. The stories were marred by his trying to make political points and his overstated dislike of organized religion. I understand that his upbringing lead him to his opinions, but letting them take over his stories is detrimental. I hope TLD doesn' follow suit. It's started out pretty well.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

BTW, was The Loveliest Dead part of a book club or something? I remember discussing this when ERC 5.0 was released, but i can't remember.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                          BTW, was The Loveliest Dead part of a book club or something? I remember discussing this when ERC 5.0 was released, but i can't remember.
                          Nope, just a forthcoming book that we haven't published yet.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks, Dan.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                              The Amazon reviews are where I found out about it. Sounds really good.
                              Same here.

Comment

Started Salem's Lot. Sad to say, but I've never read it before.

Comment

Working...
                                X