No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Kin and The Woman as well. While I enjoyed them both I thought Kin was an exceptional read. Now onto Russo's Undead.
    Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
      I didn't even know there was a limited.

sk
      I'd have to check again but I assume it must be a limited since it's signed by King and his son but not Matheson since he broke his hand. But he did signed the lettered, and that I just realized, does mean there is a limited. I just hope I can afford the damn thing with all the stuff I have on layaway. I wish I hadn't reserved Dark Carnival from Bradbury so I'd only have to pay for He is Legend. Also still paying on Books of Blood limited and yet another signed King trade version of Four Past Midnight, and as if that wasn't enough, I also reserved a copy of Weaveworld assuming Camelot gets some copies. But that's not til next year so maybe I can get all these books, but I'm doubting it. None of my Swiss watches are even selling on ebay for God's sake, and that's a first.
      But I want my limited of IT!!

Comment

I didn't even know there was a limited.

sk
        Yes it was limited to 750 copies.It is my only signed King and one of the first books I got when my collecting took a serious turn.I also own
        the trade.Still need to read them.IDW is turning the King/Hill story into a graphic novel in early 2012.Already pre ordered mine through our local comic store.

Comment

I am currently reading Alice in Wonderland for the first time and must say that it is more of a children's book than I had thought it would be. I knew it was aimed at children, but thought it would be more appealing to grown ups as well. I've only just started, though.

Comment

About half-way thru Gene O'Neill's DOUBLEJACK - it's GREAT. I love this serial killer series. It's like an addiction, I gotz to have more Katy Green (Hornet) and Johnny (Kato) Cato.

Jan
            Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Finally finished McCammon's Speaks the Nightbird - one of his best! It's a huge novel and like the best of King, features some amazing characters and, though slowly to develop, is never boring.

On to:

sk

Comment

Finally finished McCammon's Speaks the Nightbird - one of his best! It's a huge novel and like the best of King, features some amazing characters and, though slowly to develop, is never boring.

On to:

sk
                I think I enjoyed Queen even more than the first. Its just as big and complex and with the main character already established it is like picking things up with an old acquaintence. Enjoy!

Comment

i've only read Swan Song. what else of MCC do you all suggest?
                  FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

And now I'm done with Wolves of the Calla, and probably 1/3 of the way through Song of Susannah. I think once I'm done with the series I'll start a DT discussion thread as I'm gonna want some other peoples thoughts on certain things throughout the series.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                      And now I'm done with Wolves of the Calla, and probably 1/3 of the way through Song of Susannah. I think once I'm done with the series I'll start a DT discussion thread as I'm gonna want some other peoples thoughts on certain things throughout the series.
                      There's a thread already where this has been discussed (ad nauseum?):

http://forum.cemeterydance.com/showt...ark-Tower-book
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Finished The Hides the other day and have started on Vessels today. I went in wondering if a certain strong suspicion I had since reading The Turtle Boy would be confirmed in this story and discovered that it was revealed right away in chapter 1
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
                          Of his earlier books I would suggest Wolfs Hour. For an example of superb writing in a more "non genre" type title A Boys Life is hard to pass up. Of his more recent writing the Matthew Corbett stories are excellent. As stated by our esteemed fellow board member, Frik51, these are not a quick read but are well worth the time.

Comment

I'm probably the only one, but I'm currently reading Stephen King's 11/22/63.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
                              All of them - seriously!

If I'd have to list my favorites: Swan Song (which you've read), They Thirst (vampires!!) and Boy's Life.
                              Plus, of vourse, Speaks the Nightbird.

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                              I think I enjoyed Queen even more than the first. Its just as big and complex and with the main character already established it is like picking things up with an old acquaintence. Enjoy!
                              Thanks; I'm sure I will.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                                I'm probably the only one, but I'm currently reading Stephen King's 11/22/63.
                                Huh??? he has another one????
                                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                                X