No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gene O'Neill's DEATHFLASH - nice quiet horror/crime novel.
    Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

THE EARLY FEARS by Robert Bloch

Comment

I love Robert Bloch - I just wish his complete short stories would be published in a gorgeous set limited editions.
        Would have to be huge!

sk

Comment

Since I will be getting Gideon's Sword from CD, I decided to try Preston & Childs main series and read The Relic. I LOVED it!! Hooks you from the first couple of pages through the end!! Reminded me a bit of Michael Crichton in subject matter. Nice level of science balanced by the action and story!! Already ordered the next book in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            I know, but I was mentioning this because you were condemning a book for the exact purpose it was written for.

sk
            I never condemned the entire book; I just didn't like a little of what I read, even though I knew what to expect. I'll go back to it again. King can write or say anything he wants but I don't have to agree with it, just like you don't have to agree with what I say (and I know you dont .

Anyway, as for now, I decided to read some of my old CD magazines (the fiction) while waiting for my Grave Tales subscription to start. I'm still wondering when it will??

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              Since I will be getting Gideon's Sword from CD, I decided to try Preston & Childs main series and read The Relic. I LOVED it!! Hooks you from the first couple of pages through the end!! Reminded me a bit of Michael Crichton in subject matter. Nice level of science balanced by the action and story!! Already ordered the next book in the series.
              Excellent series, but I highly recommend RIPTIDE too. Somthing about a pirate treasure protected by booby traps excites me.

Also, THUNDERHEAD is part of the series. It doesn't have Penderghast, but two other main characters from the series are in it.

Jan
              Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

I just finished "The Gunslinger". I thought it was a tough read. It took me till nearly 2/3 of the way through it to get into the story. I will start book 2 probably tomorrow night.
                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

You'll find The Drawing of the Threea much more accessible part of the journey.
                  Enjoy!

sk

Comment

It didn't take me that long to get into The Gunslinger but it did take a little while, which didn't happen for me with the rest of the books in the series. If you enjoyed the first book at all I'm sure you will enjoy the rest
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                      I just finished "The Gunslinger". I thought it was a tough read. It took me till nearly 2/3 of the way through it to get into the story. I will start book 2 probably tomorrow night.
                      Yep, fully with you on that one, but agree with Siep in that Drawing of the Three is much better. I struggled a bit with the third book, and now I'm having a break. Firstly reading Andrew Ross Sorkin's 'Too Big To Fail' (yes, I know) then on to the much anticipated Apeshit by Carlton Mellick
                      http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Dan, don't judge the series AT ALL by Gunslinger!! It's an ok read, but in no way indicative of the rest of the story.....Drawing of the Three is a great book!!

Comment

Dan, don't judge the series AT ALL by Gunslinger!! It's an ok read, but in no way indicative of the rest of the story.....Drawing of the Three is a great book!!
                          Wasn't planning on it. Give me a little while and I'll be through Drawing of the Three, started the Prologue over lunch today.

Instagram

Comment

Wasn't planning on it. Give me a little while and I'll be through Drawing of the Three, started the Prologue over lunch today.
                            You mean they let you read non-CD titles at work!!!

Comment

You mean they let you read non-CD titles at work!!!
                              Psh, I went out for lunch.... :P

Instagram

Comment

Psh, I went out for lunch.... :P
                                That or you borrower a CD dust jacket for a book disguise!!

Comment

Working...
                                X