What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    Y'know, even though we all now know that the Amityville Horror was pure fiction, it is still one scary-ass book.
    I realize some of these posts of mine are off topic, so I won't be doing anymore like this (well, maybe just one, but didn't Anson admit on his deathbed that yes, it was fiction and the people who lived in the house (their last name escapes me at the moment...Luntz?) contacted him and wanted Anson to write a book about what happened (or didn't really happen) at the house while they lived there? But then I heard George Luntz saying that's nonsense, and it really did happen. I would tend to believe Anson. But I think all three are dead now, aren't they? And what about their kids? Have they gave any interviews on what really happened or not?

Comment

Finished McCammon's The Wolf's Hour. Kinda liked it. Non-stop action, cardboard baddies (Nazi's), steamy sex, what more can a guy wish for?

Next stop:

(Now why am I getting an attached image??0
      Attached Files
      Last edited by frik51; 08-27-2011, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I've been getting the attched images ocassionally (and doubles in text that I can't get rid of) ever since the auto-save feature can into existence. The book looks great! Is it encyclopedic or narrative in nature?
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

It's narrative with a wealth of encyclopedic information.....

sk

Comment

Lucifer's Lottery by Edward Lee (A very cool read so far) and Devil Red by Joe Lansdale
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Finished Moon of the Werewolf. I need some lighter fare for abit. I thought I'd tackle The Odyssey: A Modern Sequel by Nikos Kazantzakis.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Started Ray Garton's THRE3SOME.
                Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

Insomnia by Stephen King, one of my favourite books

Comment

Books read and recommended for August, 2011.

Hardcover
                    1. Death & Desire in the Age of Women by Michael Louis Calvillo from Bloodletting Press. Calvillo is always good.
                    2. Resurrection by Tim Curran from Severed Press. Not his best but a crazy zombie read.
                    3. The Very Best of Best New Horror edited by Stephen Jones from Earthling Publications. Great collection of stories from a great series.
                    4. The Fecund's Melancholy Daughter by Brent Hayward from Chizine. Good writer but couldn't get into this one.
                    5. The Door to Lost Pages by Claude Lalumiere from ChiZine. Fun read. Like to visit that store.
                    6. Grimscribe: His Lives and Works by Thomas Ligotti from Subterranean Press. Excellent collection.
                    7. Floating Staircase by Ronald Malfi from Thunderstorm Books. A page turner.
                    8. Into Hell by William Ollie from Delirium Books. Couldn't get into this at all.
                    9. The Sucking Pit by Guy N. Smith from Mansion House Books. So so.
                    10. Iron Butterflies Rust by Lee Thompson from Delirium Books. Here's a new guy to watch.
                    11. The Dark at the End by F. Paul Wilson from Gauntlet. Repairman Jack rocks. Sad to see the end is near.

Paperback
                    12. Supernatural Noir edited by Ellen Datlow from Dark Horse Books. Some great stories in here.
                    13. Meds by Ray Garton from E-Reads. Way fun and depressing as his basic idea of how the drug companies and their products work and are sold is not good for us.
                    14. Highways to Hell by Bryan Smith from Deadite Press. Smith is a real gas once again.

Digital
                    15. Specimen 313 by Jeff Strand. I love Strand.

Other

Favorites = #1, 3, 6, 7, 11, 13, 14, 15.

Support indie horror publishers and enjoy - kresby

Comment

Just finished "The Sword of Shannara" and "The Elfstones of Shannara". I'm currently working on "The Wishsong of Shannara" then it'll be off to read the new one in the series.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                        Just finished "The Sword of Shannara" and "The Elfstones of Shannara". I'm currently working on "The Wishsong of Shannara" then it'll be off to read the new one in the series.
                        Good books! I read those way back in the day and loved them. I can tell you though that I got completely burnt out on them as the series continued.

Comment

I still have my trade 1sts of Elfstones and Wishsong and a matching BCE of Sword. Not sure if I should sell them or keep them for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                            Good books! I read those way back in the day and loved them. I can tell you though that I got completely burnt out on them as the series continued.
                            I've read most of them, this is probably my 3rd or 4th time through the original 3. I did get burnt out on the ones later in the timeline, but I completely enjoyed the earlier ones in the time line. The knight of the word series and what not.

Instagram

Comment

I've read most of them, this is probably my 3rd or 4th time through the original 3. I did get burnt out on the ones later in the timeline, but I completely enjoyed the earlier ones in the time line. The knight of the word series and what not.
                              I would have to actually look the books up but I know I "truly" enjoyed the first three or four. The ones after that initial series never real grabbed my attention. If I remember right it was because:

Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                                I would have to actually look the books up but I know I "truly" enjoyed the first three or four. The ones after that initial series never real grabbed my attention. If I remember right it was because:

Spoiler!
                                Spoiler!

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X