Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by srboone View Post
    Oops! Gerald Olin, now I remember. I wasn't thinking. Only not as coooooool as SLJ! Tho I check the thermostats every day (kinda like Jack Torrence).
    No problem. Actually, I had to google 1408 because I didn't remember Olin's first name. I think it might have been used only once or twice in the story and at other points it was just Mr. Olin or Olin.

    Comment


      I bought Barker's Books of Blood in paperback and all I can say is wow! They are some really good stories. I think I'm going to try for the limited if I can afford it: $275 for the Stealth Press edition. Is it worh it?? Did Scream Press do a limited of it or just trade editions?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
        Bloodstained OZ is one i would love to hunt down to have a read of. I already have a piece of original art from the next book!
        I really enjoyed the story and can't wait to see what the sequels bring. I was really happy to be able to get a great looking copy courtesy of HorrorScribe from this very forum.
        Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places. - H.P. Lovecraft

        Comment


          I'm almost done with Laymon's Quake, which is the longest Laymon book I've read to date. I just read Glory Bus and soon realized I'd read it before, but it was still good the second time around.

          Comment


            Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
            I bought Barker's Books of Blood in paperback and all I can say is wow!
            Is this your first time reading it? I read the Books of Blood when it was first released in paperback in the US, what 23 years ago now. I loved it from page one. "In the Hills, the Cities" is still one of the most original (and best) stories I've ever read. And "Midnight Meat Train" almost made me ill, just reading it and that's not I reaction that I have very often. And fond memories of so many more, "The Yattering and Jack", "The Body Politic", "Dread"...
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

            Comment


              Dread!!!! Dread!!!! Dread!!!! Dread!!!! Great story!

              Comment


                Finished the Ray Bradbury collection ... was good but not great like i was expecting!

                Started 'Thieving Fear' by Ramsey Campbell hoping for a really good read

                Comment




                  Love this series. Too bad these HC editions are only published sporadically, but theř're worth the wait.

                  sk

                  Comment


                    Does this mean you;ve decide on what to read next, Siep?

                    And when do you start school?
                    "I'm a vegan. "

                    ---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

                    Comment


                      Nah, not really.
                      There's just an enormous stack of comic books lying around, and I thought I'd tackle those before I start another novel. I haven't read the last couple of King-books yet, which I'm really looking forwards to reading.

                      School? We've already had four weeks of activities, from regular class to touring the Rotterdam harbour to spending three days in the Belgian Ardennes with our ninth grades: 59 boys, one girl!
                      Lots of fun! (I hope the sarcasm in my voice is apparent).

                      sk

                      Comment


                        Great addition to the Fables universe: wonderful artwork, intriguing storyline - I want more!
                        Book 4: February 2012.

                        On to:



                        Although not King, this ongoing series is an excellent adaptation of his work.

                        sk

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                          Is this your first time reading it? I read the Books of Blood when it was first released in paperback in the US, what 23 years ago now. I loved it from page one. "In the Hills, the Cities" is still one of the most original (and best) stories I've ever read. And "Midnight Meat Train" almost made me ill, just reading it and that's not I reaction that I have very often. And fond memories of so many more, "The Yattering and Jack", "The Body Politic", "Dread"...
                          Yeah, it is. It's because I have a hard time with novels; of course I've heard of them over the years and even remember when Scream Press was doing them, but never read them until recently. I've only read a couple thinks by Barker and I have to say these were even better than The Damnation Game.

                          Comment




                            When I first heard about these Dark Tower/King adaptations, I couldn't care less. King didn't write these himself, so what would be the big deal? And now? I love these books: they are well written, come with impressive artwork and really make an effort to stay true to the master himself. if the upcoming (??) movie/tv adaptations are even half as good, I can live with them as well.
                            Can't wait for the next arc, The Battle of Tull.

                            sk

                            Comment


                              Next:



                              sk
                              Last edited by frik51; 09-11-2011, 09:23 AM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                                When I first heard about these Dark Tower/King adaptations, I couldn't care less. King didn't write these himself, so what would be the big deal? And now? I love these books: they are well written, come with impressive artwork and really make an effort to stay true to the master himself. if the upcoming (??) movie/tv adaptations are even half as good, I can live with them as well.
                                Can't wait for the next arc, The Battle of Tull.
                                I remember a day back in 1985 or 1986 when I was working at the comic book store. We were having a signing by a couple of lower rung writers for Marvel, Jo Duffy and a newcomer named Peter David. (He was writing one of the Spiderman books. This was even before his great run on the Incredible Hulk.) Well, the manager was busy getting everything ready, so it fell upon me to pick up our guests from their hotel. Yes, I had Peter David in the back seat of my Escort. Now I wish I had somehow managed to become good friends with him.
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X