No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm finally reading Submerged that I got from some CD grab bag or book club. Mostly stuck at home so I'm planning to try to read more physical books especially ones I don't want to drag around with me. Some books I put in a small laptop sleeve that protects them but this and some others are too large for that.

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
      Hi St. Troy. Just a word of warning. This is definitely an adult novel. Not sure how old your daughter is; however, I wanted to mention that there are some scenes of sexual violence toward women as well as some general violence/torture that may be not be acceptable for the younger kids.
      She's 22, but thanks.
      Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

Comment

Finished THE ELEMENTALS by Michael McDowell. Starting REDSHIRTS by John Scalzi.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Reading Dear Laura by Gemma Amor. And also reading Sick House by Jeff Strand.

Comment

Bram Stoker - Dracula

Comment

The Ghost Hunters - Neil Spring.
              also the Joe Hill double issue of CD for short bedtime reads.

Comment

I finished reading Persona by Genevieve Valentine. I really enjoyed Persona, the plot is hard for me to describe. Best just check Amazon if you're interested. There is a sequel to Persona. That is Icon by Genevieve Valentine. I am now reading The Sun down Motel by Simone St. James. I have not gone back to reading Dracula.

Cap
                Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

PROJECT MOONBASE AND OTHERS, Robert Heinlein, S/L HC from Subterranean Press.

Comment

Have started my Cemetery Dance-Justin Cronin re-read. Figured a nice long trilogy would hit the spot while having to be somewhat stuck in-doors. Finished "The Passage" this weekend. Have read it before, but, wow, do I really love this book! Am about halfway through the 2nd one, "The Twelve". In my opinion, while not quite up to "The Passage's" level of storytelling, still a great read so far (though there is one plotline thread that I am not enjoying and remember not particularly enjoying before).

Comment

Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                      Have started my Cemetery Dance-Justin Cronin re-read. Figured a nice long trilogy would hit the spot while having to be somewhat stuck in-doors. Finished "The Passage" this weekend. Have read it before, but, wow, do I really love this book! Am about halfway through the 2nd one, "The Twelve". In my opinion, while not quite up to "The Passage's" level of storytelling, still a great read so far (though there is one plotline thread that I am not enjoying and remember not particularly enjoying before).
                      I LOVED the Passage. And could not have been more disappointed with the sequels. I didn't even finish City of Mirrors. Maybe too much time passed between reading The Passage and then reading The Twelve. I remember an insurmountable feeling of WTF?? with The 12. And City of Mirrors felt like a total mess. By that book, everything I loved about the trilogy was gone.

I'm reading The Time Machine--digging it!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                        I LOVED the Passage. And could not have been more disappointed with the sequels. I didn't even finish City of Mirrors. Maybe too much time passed between reading The Passage and then reading The Twelve. I remember an insurmountable feeling of WTF?? with The 12. And City of Mirrors felt like a total mess. By that book, everything I loved about the trilogy was gone.

I'm reading The Time Machine--digging it!
                        I read THE PASSAGE when it came out and enjoyed it, but not enough to spur me into picking up the other two. Sounds like that was just as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
                          We need to keep an eye on Jeff. At this point maybe it's just authors with 6 letters in their last name that he dislikes?? Hhhhmmmm..
                          Last edited by bsaenz24; 03-30-2020, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                            We need to keep an eye on Jeff. At this point maybe it's just author's with 6 letters in their last name that he dislikes?? Hhhhmmmm..
                            I'm not that bad.
                            I liked The Passage.
                            It's true there's been nothing I liked from Bentley Little (I've read The Circle, The Mailman, and didn't finish The Return).
                            And I at least finished both Tudor books before banning her from my bookshelves forever.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                              We need to keep an eye on Jeff. At this point maybe it's just authors with 6 letters in their last name that he dislikes?? Hhhhmmmm..
                              I have been looking for a pattern in his strange tastes. You may be onto something. I do have to agree that the 'Donut Soup' beer was probably bad though. Rogue Brewing hear made a Voodoo Donuts Maple Bacon Bar beer for a while. It tasted like liquid smoke with artificial maple flavoring added. Some flavors should not be mixed with beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                I have been looking for a pattern in his strange tastes. You may be onto something. I do have to agree that the 'Donut Soup' beer was probably bad though. Rogue Brewing hear made a Voodoo Donuts Maple Bacon Bar beer for a while. It tasted like liquid smoke with artificial maple flavoring added. Some flavors should not be mixed with beer!
                                As I work my way through the back of the fridge (beer is not worth the risk of getting anything the docs can't treat) I'm finding really questionable beers. My next video will feature a beer that, in theory, should be exactly what I want, but turns out to be exactly the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                                X