What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Then you will be banished to the land of mass market paperbacks. The ex-library copy region specifically.
    SO MANY DOG-EARED CORNERS!

Comment

Then you will be banished to the land of mass market paperbacks. The ex-library copy region specifically.
      He is a wise and just god.

Comment

That horrific image gave me a good laugh on what has otherwise been a stressful day...thanks for that.

Still debating that new Malerman collection from Earthling, as even though THE BIRD BOX was a little underwhelming for me (I didn't finish it, but may give it another try if I can find the new S/L at a discounted price down the road), I really enjoyed the novella A HOUSE AT THE BOTTOM OF A LAKE (well, until the ending). I passed on the two McCammons reprints (that I hear have already sold out?!) in lieu of the new upcoming novel, but given that the Malerman is a collection of shorts like HOUSE, this one still lingers as a possibility...
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
          That horrific image gave me a good laugh on what has otherwise been a stressful day...thanks for that.

Still debating that new Malerman collection from Earthling, as even though THE BIRD BOX was a little underwhelming for me (I didn't finish it, but may give it another try if I can find the new S/L at a discounted price down the road), I really enjoyed the novella A HOUSE AT THE BOTTOM OF A LAKE (well, until the ending). I passed on the two McCammons reprints (that I hear have already sold out?!) in lieu of the new upcoming novel, but given that the Malerman is a collection of shorts like HOUSE, this one still lingers as a possibility...
          I haven't finished reading it, but the stories are all centered on the town of Goblin. So they're not as free-standing as a collection of short stories implies.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
            I haven't finished reading it, but the stories are all centered on the town of Goblin. So they're not as free-standing as a collection of short stories implies.
            Sorry, I'm afraid my post was poorly constructed...I just meant that Malerman had proven himself to me in the short form (e.g. A HOUSE AT THE BOTTOM OF A LAKE novella) but not so much in the long form (BIRD BOX novel), so was intrigued by the collection of shorts, regardless of whether varied or -- in this case -- themed in setting.

Comment

Sorry, I'm afraid my post was poorly constructed...I just meant that Malerman had proven himself to me in the short form (e.g. A HOUSE AT THE BOTTOM OF A LAKE novella) but not so much in the long form (BIRD BOX novel), so was intrigued by the collection of shorts, regardless of whether varied or -- in this case -- themed in setting.
              That's interesting. I'll have to see if I'm still spellbound after reading Bird Box.

Comment

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                Even with the poor navigation, I was able to get a copy of the Earthling Publications edition of Goblin. $50 is a good price. Little tentative still because this will be my second blind purchase from Josh Malerman (Bird Box is the other) since I haven't read anything by him (at least that I'm aware of - I always lose track of short stories in various collections . . .)

Thanks to jeffingoff for the head's up!
                I'm a little surprised by the lack of presence on Earthling's website. The "coming soon" is still up for Goblin, but no link to the product page. I'm on the waitlist for the lettered edition, but I'm thinking about picking up the limited as well so I don't have to wait so long to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  I'm a little surprised by the lack of presence on Earthling's website. The "coming soon" is still up for Goblin, but no link to the product page. I'm on the waitlist for the lettered edition, but I'm thinking about picking up the limited as well so I don't have to wait so long to read it.
                  From the home page you have to click on Books. There you will see all the books available. And click on GOBLIN to get to the order page. Unless it's sold out I was told there's a wait list for the lettered.

Comment

From the home page you have to click on Books. There you will see all the books available. And click on GOBLIN to get to the order page. Unless it's sold out I was told there's a wait list for the lettered.
                    I ordered mine through Camelot. I've just had such good buying experiences with them, that they're are kind of my default for most purchases. I can't get everything through them, but quite a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by c marvel View Post
                      I finished The Victorian Act III: Self-Estrangement and now I'm reading Carny Kill, a Black Lizard paperback, by Robert Edmond Alter. Thanks to whoever it was who mentioned the line of Black Lizard paperbacks a while ago.

Cap
                      I collect those and the Vintage line of mysteries, so many good old titles!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        I ordered mine through Camelot. I've just had such good buying experiences with them, that they're are kind of my default for most purchases. I can't get everything through them, but quite a lot.
                        I too went through Camelot. Not a negative word to say about them. Top notch folks there.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                          I too went through Camelot. Not a negative word to say about them. Top notch folks there.
                          Camelot rocks. I go through them for a some stuff as well. Their service is fantastic and their selection is amazing. You might have to pay a decent price for something, but they usually have it if you want it.

Comment

Yep, I'm hanging out on that list. I'm also on the list for the lettered of Motherless Child and Good Girls by Glen Hirshberg. My understanding is that Earthling takes half the payment upon the book entering production and the other half prior to shipping. I've been toying with the idea of trying to collect lettered editions of the entire Halloween Series from Earthling, but that would be a mean feat as Earthling lettered editions rarely show up on the aftermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                              Yep, I'm hanging out on that list. I'm also on the list for the lettered of Motherless Child and Good Girls by Glen Hirshberg. My understanding is that Earthling takes half the payment upon the book entering production and the other half prior to shipping. I've been toying with the idea of trying to collect lettered editions of the entire Halloween Series from Earthling, but that would be a mean feat as Earthling lettered editions rarely show up on the aftermarket.
                              If it's of any value, I loved MOTHERLESS CHILD, but just couldn't get into GOOD GIRLS, ultimately selling off the S/L HC I bought. I thought I was going to be in for the entire trilogy, but GOOD GIRLS kinda killed that idea. I still have MOTHERLESS CHILD on my shelf, though...it's a keeper.

Comment

Bird Box is among the best books I've read in the last couple of years. I have read a couple of short stories and also liked them. I am however not getting on on the limited edition. But Malerman is an excellent writer.

Comment

Working...
                                X