What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
    So now I've moved on to All Heads Turn Wen the Hunt Goes By. I'm really impress with the Centipede Press edition. Definitely one of my favourites in terms of design and quality. The paper used is really thick and got a great texture. Hopefully the story is just as good.
    Yes, beautiful book. Haven't read it either, but plan to this year.

Comment

Finished 'Dark Matter', and it was excellent. Highly recommended if you're into atmospheric ghost stories.

Started 'Wetbones', by John Shirley, an author I've been meaning to check out for a while. He also writes sci-fi, which I have no interest in, but has a nice little selection of horror novels and a horror short story collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
        Hadn't heard of that one. Newer work? Part of the Eternal Champion arc?
        It's his latest. Part one of a trilogy. It's his life story, mixed with fantasy, about his discovering Tanelorn on our world (only here, it goes by the name The Alsacia) and how it inspires and helps him create his eternal champion cycle. But it's really about a person of high ambition (and even higher atheistic assholery) who must face the very real prospect that God exists. Oh, and he also blames Reagan and Thatcher for ruining his lifestyle of sex drugs and rock-n-roll--but anybody who's read Moorcock already knows that...
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Reading Genocide of One by Kazuaki Takano. Something I picked up off the New Fiction rack at B&N about a month ago.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
            Reading Genocide of One by Kazuaki Takano. Something I picked up off the New Fiction rack at B&N about a month ago.
            Love to know what you think of this one. I just picked it up last week.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              It's his latest. Part one of a trilogy. It's his life story, mixed with fantasy, about his discovering Tanelorn on our world (only here, it goes by the name The Alsacia) and how it inspires and helps him create his eternal champion cycle. But it's really about a person of high ambition (and even higher atheistic assholery) who must face the very real prospect that God exists. Oh, and he also blames Reagan and Thatcher for ruining his lifestyle of sex drugs and rock-n-roll--but anybody who's read Moorcock already knows that...
              So positively fantastic, especially the Atheistic assholery hahaha!

Comment

Going to move on to Christine and most likely The Mailman after. I've never read SK before but lately I've been into the weird fiction/horror so we shall see.

Comment

Finished book one of Game of Thrones - loved it!

My daughter bought me Divergent for Christmas, so I promised her I'd read it. Wasn't really my thing - I see this appealing to the teenage girl segment, and I am neither teenage or girl. LOL I did get about 1/4 of the way though, before I basically just skimmed through the rest.

I am currently reading..... Slaughterhouse Five, by Vonnegut. Odd would be a great way to describe it!

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                    I am currently reading..... Slaughterhouse Five, by Vonnegut. Odd would be a great way to describe it!
                    This book is too weird for me, but a lot of people seem to enjoy it. Or maybe I'm the weird one lol.

Comment

Vanilla Ride by Lansdale. Love Hap and Leonard, like visiting old friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Julzz View Post
                        This book is too weird for me, but a lot of people seem to enjoy it. Or maybe I'm the weird one lol.
                        It was a quick read, and really odd. Not odd/weird in the sense of like China Mieville weird, but overall it was a good read. I don't regret picking it up.

Now, onto Dark Screams Vol 2!
                        Last edited by TJCams; 03-11-2015, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Just started Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury but earlier this week, I read The Scarlet Gospels by Clive Barker

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                            Just started Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury but earlier this week, I read The Scarlet Gospels by Clive Barker
                            What?..wait a minute....how?

And....how was it???

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                              What?..wait a minute....how?

And....how was it???
                              ha! I won't spoil anything but I will say this is definitely worthy of the Barker name and one hell of a good time! I can't wait to see what people's reactions will be when it finally hits.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                                ha! I won't spoil anything but I will say this is definitely worthy of the Barker name and one hell of a good time! I can't wait to see what people's reactions will be when it finally hits.
                                Would you say that any of his previous books need to be read before this one? I have read Hellbound Heart, as Pinhead is a central character in The Scarlet Gospels.

Comment

Working...
                                X