No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm...Huck Finn is my least favorite of the "Great American Novels." Haven't really read any Landsdale other than the odd short story. I'll keep my eye out for this one.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      Do you have an ARC or is it out yet.I have not heard anything from Gauntlet yet.Or is it the trade edition?
      I got an ARC from the Early Reviewers Program at LibraryThing.
      "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Sytsma View Post
        Currently chugging my way through the third book in the Game of Throne series. I plan to read each book before the next TV season airs. I understand book 3 will be handled over two seasons. Which is very good as I found too much was lost in the 2nd season of the TV series.
        Havent gotten around to watching the second season yet, but I've read all the books except book 5.

actually, I've been doing poorly in the reading department for the past month. Almost no reading, except a page or two here and there. Gotta get back on track cause that TBR pile ain't gonna shrink itself!

Comment

Priorities, Pete, priorities!
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Now on to Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.My sons summer reading for school that I decided to read to.Looking forward to this.

Comment

See, Pete? PRIORITIES!
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just finishing up King's TWTTK. Next up is either Lansdale's Edge of Dark Water OR Simon Clark's His Vampyrrhic Bride.
                Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
                http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

Just finished reading "The Road" McCarthy and "The Infernals" by Connolly. Both great books and just an FYI The Infernals is a book 2.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Have to completely agree about The Road, excellent book, though definitely a different writing style that took a little getting used to. The movie based on it was also very good, better than I expected.
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                      Have to completely agree about The Road, excellent book, though definitely a different writing style that took a little getting used to. The movie based on it was also very good, better than I expected.
                      The style was different but highly effective for the story. Now I'm curious if McCarthy typically writes this way or if it was just for that one book.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Love The Vampyrric books.Did not know there was a 4th.I will have to check it out.Having just read EoDW I say read that great book.
                        Originally posted by Tasmaniac View Post
                        Just finishing up King's TWTTK. Next up is either Lansdale's Edge of Dark Water OR Simon Clark's His Vampyrrhic Bride.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Love The Vampyrric books.Did not know there was a 4th.I will have to check it out.Having just read EoDW I say read that great book.
                          The Clark novel has just been released through Severn House. Good to see there's another Clark fan here. I'll hit the Lansdale next then, seeing as you've twisted my arm!
                          Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
                          http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

Currently reading The Dropper.

Comment

Terrific book!

Finished Rose Madder. King's most bizarre offering to date. The mixure of Greek mythology and a woman recovering from abuse was awkward at best, repulsive at worst. The DT references thrown seemed to be after thoughts, even though this should have played right into his mythology. But I accept King's explanation that he simply tried too hard on RM, and will move on.

Weaveworld is next.

07-04-2012 09;45;42PM (436x640).jpg

It's been sitting on my bookshelf for 20+years. Time to finally dust it off.
                              Last edited by srboone; 07-05-2012, 08:35 AM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I too love Clark's Vampyrric series. I have not read Vampyrric Bride yet.
                                Originally posted by Tasmaniac View Post
                                The Clark novel has just been released through Severn House. Good to see there's another Clark fan here. I'll hit the Lansdale next then, seeing as you've twisted my arm!

Comment

Working...
                                X