No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe it or not, still trying to force myself through The Fountainhead.

Comment

The Fountainhead is not an easy book to get through--no Ayn Rand book is easy. They're not for everyone.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
        The Fountainhead is not an easy book to get through--no Ayn Rand book is easy. They're not for everyone.
        I'll say
        But I'm still determined to get through it then either read the Naked and The Dead or the Oswald book by Mailer (BTW, I don't believe for a second Oswald even shot at Kennedy that day, much less was a lone assasin. The problem with the Warren Comission is they did an investigation on an assisaination, NOT a conspiracy).

Comment

Mr. King disagrees with you!
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

But good for you, Scott, on your determination to see The Fountainhead through to the end.
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

1q84. I actually haven't decided if I like it or not... It's not great but it's hard to stop reading it

Comment

Mr. King disagrees with you!
                Stephen King? I'm no conspiracy nut for sure but there's just too many things that made no sense that day in Dallas.
                And I guess King and the rest of 'em conveniently have forgotten that the Hose of Reps back in the 70's said yes, there was in fact a conspiracy, we just don't know who was involved in it. The mafia of course. Just too much evidence and the do-gooder Bobby Kennedy can blame himself for what happened. Bsides, Kennedy would not have been elected if his old man's mob friends didn't fix the elections in IL, Texas and W. Vrginia. Bobby knew that and still decided to go after the mafia. Not a very good decsion on his part.

Comment

Yes, Stephen King. On his book tour, he made it clear that after he examined all the eveidence, he is of the opinion that Oswald acted alone. For King, it is the chain of custody of the gun that is convincing. I haven't done any examinations of it, so I can't shed any insight on the matter.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

But good for you, Scott, on your determination to see The Fountainhead through to the end.
                    Yep. I'm still working on it. Some is really interesting and other parts kinda go over my head LOL. It's kinda like Poe stories where he puts both Latin and French words in his work and you don't know what the hell he's talking about it. But at least with Poe, you can skip that stuff and discover what he's really saying. That guy was amazing to say the least.

Comment

The Fountainhead deals with how Rand's philosophy of Objectivism relates ti the individual; Atlas Shrugged shows how Objectivism affects society. Although, AS is the longer work, it is more accessible; TF can be very very offputting and some of it doesn't make any sense.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yes, Stephen King. On his book tour, he made it clear that after he examined all the eveidence, he is of the opinion that Oswald acted alone. For King, it is the chain of custody of the gun that is convincing. I haven't done any examinations of it, so I can't shed any insight on the matter.
                        Yeah, but there's been many others examinined the exidence themselves, including physcists and doctors. And I think I mentioned on here in the late 70's, the House admitted there was inded, a conspiracy. And no one knows what exactly the FBI did with that gun. Oswald's fingerprints did NOT match it. Besides that, all the people who worked with him that day say he was his same old self. I have to think you just comitted the crime of the century and you'd be awful tense and anxious.

And don't forget there were at least 5 FBI sharpshooters that couldn't even come close to what Oswald supposedly did that day in Dallas. Not even close.

Comment

I am almost finished reading GOOD OMENS for the second time straight through. I love this story and how it is told.

Comment

The good ones you just never want to end. I do this alot with books, too.

As much as I liked War&Peace, tho, I didn't read it thru a second time...
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                              I am almost finished reading GOOD OMENS for the second time straight through. I love this story and how it is told.
                              I thought you would. Now go share it with somebody else!

And let me know if you ever come across a copy of the Buggre Alle This Bible.
                              "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I'm just getting to the end of Dan Simmons' Flashback, which has been a really good read. I only have 40 pages to go, but didn't want to rush through it over lunch. It's a very depressing possible future for the US...I sure hope things don't go that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X