No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Vegan Zombie Apocalypse, and I really enjoyed it! It was a real nasty, disgusting, vulgar, obscene hoot until the last 60 pages when the author seemed to run out of crazy ideas and just started throwing in the most offensive stuff he could imagine; the ending left a bad taste in my mouth. But 80% of a zombie book is better than one that's a bore all the way through. Not sure what's next. There's a KPB short in the new CD mag, but after that, probably another GR win.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Finished Subject 11 yesterday and started Burke's The Tent. Enjoying this one as I was expecting.
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

Greetings everyone, I'm new to these parts.

Currently reading Norman Partridge's The Crow: Wicked Prayer. My first Norman Partridge but certainly won't be my last. He paints some very grim imagery. It's too bad that the film adaption had all the weight of pocket lint.

Comment

Welcome Liam, hope to here more from you. I have enjoyed the stories I have read from Mr. Partridge.
          Originally posted by Liam Doyle View Post
          Greetings everyone, I'm new to these parts.

Currently reading Norman Partridge's The Crow: Wicked Prayer. My first Norman Partridge but certainly won't be my last. He paints some very grim imagery. It's too bad that the film adaption had all the weight of pocket lint.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            Welcome Liam, hope to here more from you. I have enjoyed the stories I have read from Mr. Partridge.
            Thanks Martin, looking forward to chatting to everyone here. Can you recommend any more Norm Partridge for me? I have a feeling this Crow novel is going
            to be finished sooner than I expected.

Comment

Dark Harvest and Johny Halloween are two of Partridge's works I particularly enjoyed. I didn't care for Slippin' into Darkness, even though it won the Stoker Award for best first novel.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                Dark Harvest and Johny Halloween are two of Partridge's works I particularly enjoyed. I didn't care for Slippin' into Darkness, even though it won the Stoker Award for best first novel.
                The excerpt from Johnny Halloween on the main page really caught my interest, I forgot that was Partridge! I think I may look into that one first. Thanks for the recommendations. Love the quote in the sig by the way, srboone.

Comment

Dark Harvest is the foundtion book for a lot of JH. I'd suggest you look into that one first.

Thanks about the quote. I'd forgotten that I hadn't changed it in a while (I change the lines from movies in it fairly regularly).
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just finished Island 731 by Jeremy Robinson. Now on to The Postman by David Brin.

Comment

Just ordered Dark Harvest from Amazon. I've never ordered online before because I genuinely don't trust myself with a debit card, but to hell with it; if I'm going to go poor I may as well do so with some kick ass horror in my hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                        Almost done with the HUGE book A Storm of Swords, really good but man! It's the size of three books put together NOS4A2 is up next
                        There' an awesome twist in the very last pages.......

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                          There' an awesome twist in the very last pages.......
                          Got there yesterday, a very good book! taking a break before staring A Feast of Crows to read NOS4A2, loving it so far, have you read through to Dance of Dragons?

Comment

Dark Harvest is a great read!
                            Originally posted by Liam Doyle View Post
                            Just ordered Dark Harvest from Amazon. I've never ordered online before because I genuinely don't trust myself with a debit card, but to hell with it; if I'm going to go poor I may as well do so with some kick ass horror in my hands.

Comment

I want to get my hands on Dark Harvest too.

For any of you that follow my goodreads page - Lullaby for the Rain Girl is one fantastic read!!!!! There are some very touching moments in it. I hope to be finished it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                Dark Harvest is a great read!
                                Really looking forward to reading it. Good call by srboone for recommending it. Norman Partridge is quickly becoming the Black Sabbath of my bookshelf.
                                Last edited by Liam Doyle; 05-08-2013, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X